Chapter Twenty-Six: "Relaxed now?"

Last chapter! I loved writing this book and I really hoped you enjoyed reading it as well!

Chapter Twenty-Six: "Relaxed now?"

"Is everything packed?" Brenda asks.

"Yep," I tell her, dragging my suitcase behind me.

"Okay. Drive safe. We'll see you home later tonight." She kisses all of us on the cheek before she leaves for the airport with everyone else.

"Ready to go?" Max asks, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"No," I tell him.

He laughs, throwing our suitcases in the trunk of the car. "We'll be back."

I smile, giving him a kiss on the lips before climbing into the backseat.

After a very long and painful drive home, we eventually make it.

I take my suitcase upstairs and unpack, then watch One Tree Hill with Max for a few hours.

"Do you want to practice?" He asks, coming into my room the next morning. "The talent show is tomorrow."

I take a deep breath, feeling the nerves coming. I nod.

He takes my hand and leads me into the basement so we can practice a few more times before the talent show tomorrow.

After our practice, I go upstairs to call Liv, Riley, and Jordan.

"Hey cuties," I say, plopping down on my couch.

"Hey bitch," Riley responds.

"Are you two coming to watch the talent show tomorrow?" Jordan asks Liv and Riley.

"No, we can't make it. I'm sorry, Peyton," Liv says.

"It's okay," I tell them, already knowing they couldn't come. "I'm sure someone will record it for you guys to watch."

"Are you nervous?" Liv asks.

"Very," I respond, sighing.

"I'm sure you'll do amazing," Riley encourages.

I smile in thanks as Jordan agrees.

"Hopefully."

~*~

Max thrusts deep inside of me, shoving me up against the shower wall.

I moan loudly, and he covers my mouth with his hand.

"Sh," he whispers into my ear. "We don't want anyone to hear us."

He thrusts deeper inside of me, pulling my back flush against his chest.

"Max I'm going to cum," I tell him, feeling the pressure build up inside of me.

I moan out again, and he covers my mouth again with a kiss, trying to muffle my moans. He starts thrusting faster, so I move my hips with him. I lean forward against the tile, needing to move my back. He grabs my hips, thrusting inside of me even faster.

I sense his movements start to get clumsy, so I know he's close. We both get pushed over the edge at the same time, so when he fills the condom inside of me I collapse into his arms. He slides us to the floor, holding me while we're out of breath and coming down from our highs, the water from the shower pouring down on us.

"Relaxed now?" He asks.

I laugh, still trying to catch my breath.

"Yes."

We stand up and finishing washing ourselves before we get out of the shower to get ready for the talent show.

I decide to wear a new sundress and sandals I got in Scottsdale when I was shopping with Kenzie. I straighten my hair and apply light makeup, keeping it natural.

I meet Max in the hallway, him in khakis and a nice shirt. He pecks me on the lips, taking my hand to lead us downstairs. We meet everyone in the foyer and drive over to the school for the talent show.

Max and I sign in and then go backstage to wait for our turn.

"Good luck!" The family cheers before going to find seats.

We talk with some friends, discussing the trip and previous acts that went before us.

Finally, it was our turn to shine.

"Next up we have Max Taylor and Peyton Smith singing a duet!"

The crowd cheers and claps as we walk into the stage, standing in front of the two mics set up.

"Hello," I greet. "I'm Peyton."

"And I'm Max," Max adds. "We'll be singing A Thousand Years."

The crowd claps and the music starts, and then I start singing.

"The day we met
Frozen I held my breath
Right from the start
I knew that I'd found the home for my
Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?
Watching you stand alone
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow"

Max and I join together. "One step closer."

I sing again by myself:

"I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more"

Max starts singing:

"Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this"

Max and I join together again:

"One step closer

I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more
And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

One step closer

I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more
And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years

I'll love you for a thousand more"

We end the song, facing each other and holding our mics in our hands. And it is at that moment in time, I realized that I would be okay. Because I have Max and because- "I love you." I tell him, taking the mic away from my face.

He takes his mic away, too. "What?"

I smile, feeling tears form in my eyes. "I love you."

He smiles, wrapping me into a hug and whispering in my ear, "I love you, too."

I laugh, kissing him in front of everyone, not caring if we won or not.

But we did.

***********************************************************************************************

Thanks again for giving this book a chance! I really hoped you liked it! Please tell me your thoughts! I love you all! <3

Right now, I don't plan on writing an epilogue or a sequel. However, that might change in the future.

Don't be a shy reader, tell me what you think!

VOTE•COMMENT•SHARE