Chapter Twenty-Three: "Plane."

"So how was it?" Jordan immediately questions me as soon as I sit down next to her in class.

I roll my eyes, "I told you everything already yesterday."

"Yeah but it's better in person."

I laugh, taking out my notebook as the teacher starts the class.

"Did he ask you to be his girlfriend at least?" She whispers, leaning close to me.

I glance over at her and quickly shake my head no.

"Then what the fuck are you guys?"

I shrug my shoulders, copying more notes from the board.

She shakes her head, copying the notes as well. "Bullshit."

I stifle a laugh, covering my hand over my mouth to not make a sound.

"Well do you want to be his girlfriend?" She questions as we walk out of class.

"Of course I do."

"Are you going to say something to him about it?"

As we walk outside to the parking lot, I see Ryan, Kenzie, Cody, and Max all waiting by Cody's car.

"I think I might. I don't know yet," I respond.

"All right. Text me."

I smile at her as she walks in the opposite direction.

"I will!" I scream after her.

I walk over to Cody's car, smiling.

"Ready to go?" Max asks, giving me a smile.

"Yep."

~*~

As I'm reading in my room, I hear a quiet knock on my door.

"Come in!" I yell.

The door creeps open, and in walks Lilly in a cute waitress outfit with a small napkin help over her arm.

"Come with me, please," She says in a very polite voice.

I tilt my head, giving her a curious look and following her downstairs and into the backyard. When I walk outside, I notice a small, round table on one side of the pool with Max sitting in one of the two empty seats.

"Right this way," Lilly says, leading me towards the table.

I sit down in front of Max, giving him and Lilly a smile.

"Thank you," I tell her.

She says, "You're welcome," giggles, and runs away.

I look over at Max. "What's this about?" I gesture to the chocolate-covered strawberries on the table.

"I actually wanted to ask you something," He says, getting noticeably nervous.

I squirm in my seat, my heart rate picking up. "What is it?"

He takes me hand from across the table. "Peyton, I know we've only known each other for a few months and we've only been on one date, but I really like you. And I have a feeling you really like me, too. Will you be my girlfriend?"

A huge smile breaks across my face, and I stand up and go sit in his lap. I place a quick kiss on his lips and reply with, "Yes."

He smiles, taking my face in his hands and kissing me.

I pull away, moving back to my seat and taking a chocolate-covered strawberry from the plate.

"I've wanted one since the moment I saw them," I tell him, taking a bite out of one.