Chapter Eight: "You're burning up."

"Peyton," Lucas says, walking into the kitchen. "I have a perfect idea for a prank."

"Okay," I say, putting my now empty bowl of cereal in the sink. "What's your idea?"

He holds up a rubber band, "Oh, one of the classics. Putting a rubber band on the sink-sprayer-thing."

I smirk, "Awesome. Let's do it."

Lucas ties the rubber band on the sprayer while I set up a secret video camera hidden in the fruit bowl next to the sink. People rarely take fruit out of that bowl so it was a perfect place to put the camera.

I hit play on the camera and Lucas and I sit down at the kitchen table, deciding to play a round of Trash as we wait.

Two games later, Hannah comes waltzing into the kitchen.

"Hannah!" Lucas gets up and gives Hannah a hug.

"Hey, bud. Hey Peyton," She replies.

"Hello," I smile. "What are you doing here?"

"We just came to say hello. We haven't really had the chance to visit lately, so I thought today was a good time."

I smile nicely at her.

All of a sudden, the back door opens and Lilly and Matthew come running in laughing, covered in mud.

"What happened?" Hannah questions them.

"We slipped," They giggle.

"Come here, let me wash your hands, and then we'll go get you cleaned up."

Lucas and I glance at each other, smirking.

Hannah gets a stool so the twins can stand on it to reach the sink. As they bend over, Hannah turns on the faucet, covering them in water.

"Ahh!" They all scream, Hannah quickly turning off the water.

Lucas and I burst into laughter as Brandon comes running in.

"Hannah? You okay? What happened?" He questions out of breath, walking over to her.

Matthew turns on the water, soaking the young man. "Water!"

Soon, all of us burst into laughter.

"Come on. Let's get cleaned up," Brandon says.

Brandon, Hannah, and the twins leave the kitchen as Max enters.

"Hey, guys," Max greets Lucas and me as he grabs a glass cup out of the cabinet.

He goes to fill it up in the sink but gets sprayed by water instead.

"Shit!" He yells, turning off the faucet immediately.

Lucas and I burst into laughter.

"That wasn't funny! Now I have to change," He groans, leaving the kitchen.