Chapter Twenty-Two: "Are you going to murder me?"

Question: What was the best date you've ever been on?

Chapter Twenty-Two: "Are you going to murder me?"

"AHHH!" Liv, Riley, and Jordan scream through group facetime.

I immediately turn down the volume on my phone.

"Sh!" I say, "You guys are so loud."

"But this is literally the best thing to ever happen to you!" Riley exclaims.

"Yeah!" Liv and Jordan agree.

I squeal quietly, "I know! I just wish my mom were here with me."

I start getting sad again, thinking of all the things my mom is going to miss in my life.

"I know, sweetie. Just know she's always with you, watching over you."

I smile at what Jordan says, "Yeah."

"So where are you guys going on your date? What are you doing?" Liv asks, curiously.

"I have no idea," I respond honestly.

Max never told me what we were doing. He just told me to wear a dress but bring a bathing suit. I don't know how both of those go together in one date but I guess I'll find out later.

"Omg you have to tell us everything when it's over!" Riley screams.

"I will. But I got to go guys. I'll talk to you later," I say, leaving the call after saying goodbye.

I go downstairs and into the kitchen, deciding to get a snack because I am a little hungry. I take some goldfish from the pantry and go sit with Cody and Tyler in the living room.

"Hey. What are you watching?" I ask, sitting next to Cody on the couch.

"Transformers," Cody tells me.

"Nice. I love this movie. Is it the first one?" I ask.

"Yep," Tyler responds.

I settle in, watching the movie with the two boys.

About an hour later, Brenda and Nick walk into the living room with Matthew and Lilly in their arms.

"Text your siblings," Brenda starts saying to Cody, "We have something we need to discuss."

Tyler pauses the movie and Cody texts the family groupchat, and soon the living room fills up with the Taylor family plus Kenzie.

"Before anyone asks, no. I'm not pregnant," Brenda admits.

Everyone laughs.

"We're actually going on vacation," Nick announces.

Everyone starts cheering.

"Where are we going?" Someone asks.

"Scottsdale, Arizona," Nick answers.

I've never been to Scottsdale, but the Taylors talk about it all the time. I've heard very great things about the resort that they stay at.

"Yes! We haven't been there in so long!" Max and Ryan cheer.

"When do we leave?" Cody asks.

"Next week," Brenda answers.

"Are we staying at the Four Seasons for a week like we usually do?" Tyler asks.

"Of course!" Nick responds.

"Now to explain to Peyton, we own a time-share at the Four Seasons Resort in Scottsdale. What that means is we have a free week to stay at the Resort every year. We haven't been in a few years because we haven't had the time, but we have decided to go next week. We thought you would enjoy that," Brenda explains to me.