Shouldn't Take Long

When you are spending the weekend with your best friend what do you guys normally do? Video Games? TV Shows? Movies? Sports? Internet Videos? Pretty normal stuff most teenagers do together.

But my best friend, Wilbur Robinson is no normal teenage. He's the son of... The Cornelius Robinson. One of the greatest inventors of our time. Literally! He created jet boots, robots, flying cars, travel tubes, Instant building, moving sidewalks... you name it he probably made it! Including a Time Machine!

So instead of watching a movie like normal teens.... Wilbur and I travel to Ancient Egypt!

Wilbur use a crowbar to pray open a Mummy's coffin with ease. "There we go!" He said toss the crowbar behind me once the top fell off. "I told you, it be like opening a can of beans!" He said turning his head to smirk at me.

I hold up my hands in defense smiling. "Okay okay, so I was wrong... again." I then give a playful sigh. "Why can't you ever be wrong for once?" I asked him, Wilbur laughs turning his head away. "I am never wrong!"

Wilbur takes a seat on the edge of the now open coffin, I took out the camera to snap a photo of him with the mummy. "Operation Tuh is complete." I told him taking out the photo, Wilbur hops down to look at the photo. "Not bad. You might have a talent for photography."

"Nah. You just look good in any photo." I told him teasingly. Wilbur's cheeks turn a bright pink before he tries to cover it up with a smug smile. "I know. I know. Now let's get out of here!" He hops over the coffin and landed right on a boobytrap.

The ground begin to shake as the ceiling started to collapse and fall apart around us. "WE GOT MOVE!" I yell at him and we both made a race for the exit. After falling down a hole and almost getting run over by a giant stone head we finally made it out of the tomb and were on our Back To The Future!

"It's irresponsible! You two keep skipping carefree down the road to inevitable doom!" Carl said to Wilbur once we made it back safely. We headed in Mr. Robinson's lab with Carl lecturing us every step of the way. "Carl, we barely touch anything. I'm sure what ever minor alteration may have occurred will go completely unnoticed!"

"Yeah. Besides no one goes in those old tombs anyway! Their just there for important dead guys." I told Carl. "Exactly!" Wilbur said agreeing with me. "You both are so irresponsible! You're a match made in DISASTER!" Carl told us. "Aww that's sweet, Carl." I told him. "IT'S NOT A COMPLEMENT!"

"Wilbur?" We look up just as a projector of Mr. Robinson's appeared above us. He was wearing some weird science helmet. "There you are, Wilbur. I'm leaving a business trip for a few days. Don't touch the time machin... afjotebtikc..." I glance over at Wilbur to see him turning a knob that distorted his father voice, so Carl couldn't make out what he was saying. "...alter existence as we know it, okay?"

"Absolutely! Great Dad, see you in a few days!" Wilbur told him, his father smile before his transmission ended. "What did he say about the time machine?" Carl asked us. "He said, 'afjotebtikc' which means, 'have fun with the time machine!' Just a little code talk that my Dad and I have. Yeah we're tight, see?"

Wilbur shows us a picture of him with his dad and their both wearing sombreros. "I just need one more person to finished my collection. Someone that's suave, debonair, and has rock star good looks!"

I rub my chin in deep thought. "How about Abraham Lincoln?" I asked. "TO THE TIME MACHINE!" Wilbur announce pointing up in the air. "You two trouble makers just got back from destruct the past AGAIN!"

"The sooner we snap a photo of the Prez, the sooner we'll stop touching the time machine." I told Carl. The robots extended his head out so it was an inch away from my face. "You know as well as I do, you both won't stop using the time machine irresponsibly." I give him a smug smile. "You know it, C-3PO."

Carl gives a heavy sigh as he rejected his head back. "If you need us Carl we'll be in the 1860's." Wilbur said throwing his arm around my shoulder as we made our way to the stairs, leading down to the exit. "Wait. Wait. Wait." Carl extended his head out to block our path, giving his body a chance to catch up.

"Look outside!" He said pointing up the the glass above us. We look up to see it was cloudy and starting to rain. "You remember what happen last time, you trouble makers went out during a rain storm in the time machine."

I frown as the memories of the Time Machine being struck by lightning sent us to 1885. Temporary stranding us there for about a week. "Maybe we should wait till morning. It is getting pretty late." I told Wilbur, who nodded in understanding. "Yeah. Lincoln's not going anywhere. Let's just head to my room and play some Chargeball."

"Sounds good." I notice Carl whip his metal head with relief as we left the lab. Once we were in Wilbur's room he started setting up the game when his mother ended with a trash bag. "Wilbur, I think you forgot about the trash sweetie." She told him holding up the bag. "Ugh! Can't that wait Mom? We're just about to start." Wilbur told her, picking up his Chargeball Glove.

His mother's sweet smile quickly change to a stern glare. "Wilbur... don't make we tell you again, in front of our guest." She said in a tone that would scare any child into submission, even Wilbur. He drop his glove a zoom over to his mother taking the bag. "Like I said Mom! I love taking out the trash!"

His mother smile returns. "Thanks sweetie. Remember you're Uncle Gaston change the password to Banana." She left the room, Wilbur set the bag down to put on his raincoat.

"You want me to come with?" I asked him. "No, you can stay here and get started. Shouldn't take long." Wilbur zip up his coat, picking up the trash bag and leaving his room heading to the garage.