The Hair Is Out Of The Bag

Wilbur's P.O.V
"Nice catch." I told Dad as we stand up. "Nice meatball shooting! Guess we made a pretty good team, huh?" He asked holding his hand for a high five. "Yeah, guess we did." I turn to look down at (Name) to see she took off one of her boots, to look at it.

"Are you okay, (Name)?" I asked her, kneeling down. "Yeah, my boots are just a little fry. Gonna be a while before I can use them." She told me, taking the boot to slip it back on. "Well, thanks for trying to save me." I told her, she smile.

"No need to thank me, I wasn't going to just sit back and let some dinosaur eat my partner." My jaw drop slightly as I started to blush. I then smile and hold my hand out for (Name) to help her up.

"Are you kids all right?" Mom asked, as she and the rest of the family came running over to check on us. "We're good, Mom." I told her, Mom hugs and starts kissing me repeatedly. Mom stop (Name) is right there.

"Yeah, didn't you see us take out that dinosaur? Oh, man! It was so cool, Mom!" Mom stop kissing me, to look at Dad, surprised. "Oh, I mean, I'm sorry. I didn't..." He said, trying to apologize. "Oh, sweetie, it's okay." Mom told him, hugging him and kissing him on the cheek as well. "I'm really happy you're safe." She told him. "Your head." Dad pointed out look at it. "What? It's just a bruise, Lewis."

Dad then look at the family, to see all their bruise, with diary clothes and messy hair. "You all sacrificed so much for me." He said, touched. "Well, of course." Uncle Gaston said. "You are a special kid." Uncle Art told him. "One of a kind." Aunt Billie said.

"Okay, you should get him out of here before something really bad happens." Carl whisper to (Name) and I. I roll my eyes and grab his head. "Silly, silly robot. We've got it all under control." I let go of him and step towards the family. "Okay, everybody, it's been a long, hard day filled with emotional turmoil and dinosaur fights, so why don't you all hit the hay, and Lewis, (Name), and I will get going?"

We walk towards Lewis, when Mom spoke. "Do you have to go now? I mean, you know, it's getting late. Maybe... maybe Lewis could spend the night." She suggested. "Mom, maybe some other time, okay?" I told her. "Well, any time you want to come over, you just come over."

"Mom." I said, trying to get her to stop. "The truth is, we love having you." She told Lewis. "We really have to go." (Name) said grabbing Dad's shoulder. "No. No, you don't. You have to stay. I mean, who would be a better family for you than us? What do you say, Lewis? Do you want to be a Robinson?"

All three of us were speechless. "Y-you want to adopt me?" Lewis asked, he looks at me then at the family, smiling he nodded. The family cheers with excitement and joy. Carl signal for me to do something before this gets more out of hand.

I look away before knocking Dad's hat off to show the family his hair, everyone gasp. "Okay, it's true. I'm from the past. Now you know the big secret." Lewis told them. "Wilbur, (Name), what have you done? How could you two bring him here?" Mom asked us. "That is an excellent question." I was about to answer but Dad spoke up. "Please, don't get mad at them. They were just being good friends."

"Lewis, I am so sorry, but you have to go." Mom told him, Dad look at shock then he becomes anger. "What? You just said..." Mom interrupted him. "I know what I said."

"I'm from the past. So what?" He asked, not knowing why he can't stay. "Lewis. Lewis, look at me. You're... You're a great kid, and we would never do anything to hurt you, but I'm sorry. You have to go back to your own time."

I rub my neck nervously. "Yeah, about that, one of the time machines is broken, and the other one was stolen by a guy with a bowler hat, which kind of explains the dino." The family look at the dinosaur as she plays with her feet. "I'm calling your father and (Name's) parents." Mom told us, (Name) starts to sweat from the fear of what her mother will do to her when she finds out about this.