chapter two

Jaymie's pov

I woke up to the pinging of a text coming through. It was from Ryan letting me know she was going to brunch with her sister and then running errands and that she probably wouldn't be back until 2:30 or 3. I sighed and checked my alarm clock seeing it was half ten now. I groaned and rubbed my eyes, willing myself to wake up. Sitting up, I raised my hands above my head and felt the satisfying pop of my back. I spotted the clothes I had soiled yesterday sitting on my dresser folded neatly. My face reddened from the embarrassment of knowing Ryan had to deal with that. I was quite fond of her, more than she knew and more than I should be, which only increased my embarrassment of her seeing me in that state. In all honesty, I had no idea why she was so calm about it. I'd freak out if I were her. I'm a 22-year-old adult who fucking soiled her pants while watching a scary movie. It's pathetic really. I knew what was wrong with me, but that didn't mean it didn't embarrass me. I just hoped Ryan never found out. It was still new to me and I was still learning what to do and how to handle things, but I figured the best thing to do for now was go to the market and pick up some supplies. I had been meaning to for a few days, but since Ryan was out on errands now would probably be the best time to go. Not wanting to waste any time, I threw my hair up in a bun and put on something comfortable. I swiftly walked to the bathroom to wash my teeth and do my normal hygiene routine.

When I had finished getting ready, I grabbed my wallet and keys and headed out the door, locking it behind me. I drove to the nearest general store, hoping they'd at least have a few of the things I was searching for. I was hoping I wouldn't see anyone I knew, and luck was on my side that day. I found my way to the baby and children's aisle. I walked past the diapers and scanned their selection while simultaneously blushing at the fact that I was actually doing this.

"Can I help you with something?" I voice asked behind me, making me jump. I placed my hand on my heart in surprise. It was one of the employees who had startled me. She was laughing softly. "I'm sorry miss, I didn't mean to startle you. Can I help you with anything? Are you a new time mother?" The blush on my cheeks deepened as I tried to collect my thoughts.

"Huh? Oh no, my sister is though. She wanted me to pick some up for her, but didn't specify what kind." I lied. I didn't even have a sister. The lady nodded.

"Ah, well I suggest these ones then." She held up a small box. "They're wonderful, and don't leak at all." She gave me a warm smile, making me offer one in return.

"Thank you," I replied timidly. She nodded before heading off to help some other customers I'm sure. I grabbed a small pack of the diapers the lady suggested in the biggest size hoping they'd work. At least for now. I browsed the other isles in the baby and toddler section grabbing a pack of dummies with flowers on them and a blue bunny stuffed animal as well as a pack of baby wipes. I went to a self-check-out register, far too ashamed to use a regular one and once I had purchased all of my items I got in my car and headed back to my flat.

I checked the time as I walked into my flat and saw that it was 1:45 meaning I'd have a bit of time to try out my new stuff before Ryan got home. I'd be able to change by then.

The first thing I did was head to my room and open the pack of nappies

The first thing I did was head to my room and open the pack of nappies. I tried one on for the first time and squealed with joy at how well they fit. I could feel myself start to slip so I tried to get my mind on other things to try and hold off for a bit. I slipped on a light blue jumper and some black overalls. I grabbed my computer so I could set up a Disney movie to watch, which of course I picked Princess and the Frog. I popped the dummy in my mouth and cuddled up to my new stuffie, which I have decided is called blueberry, and my super soft tie-dye blankie. I had almost completely slipped and I was so engrossed in my movie that I didn't even hear the front door open and close, or the footsteps on the stairs, and I didn't even hear the door of my room open until it was too late.

Ryan's pov

The night of Jaymie's accident, I decided to do some research to figure out how to help her as best as I could, but before doing that I peeked in her room to see if she was awake. As is suspected, she was sound asleep curled in a little ball with her favourite tie-dye blanket. I also noticed that her soiled clothes were still on the floor in a pile. I decided to do her a favour and wash them, well at least I hoped it was a favour. I didn't want her to get mad at me for trying to help again.

As I waited for the washing cycle to finish, I pulled out my computer to do some research. I didn't know much, but I knew she'd been stressed lately, so I started my looking up stress relief and coping mechanisms. Then I remembered that she's also been acting very strange and childish for the past few weeks. I searched "childlike stress" and found an article about something called age regression. It explained what it meant and how you can help someone who regresses. As I was reading, I was realising how much this sounded like Jaymie and how she had been acting lately. It was clicking in my brain a lot more now that I understood a little bit about what everything meant. About halfway through my research, I switched the laundry to the dryer. And by the time I was done her clothes had been washed and dried. I folded them and carried them to her room, placing the stack on her dresser hoping she'd see them in the morning. I was tired and decided to go to bed. I'd talk to her tomorrow about all of this. Maybe she'll let me help her. I liked the idea of it, but I had to talk to her about it first.

...

I woke up the next morning with the sun blazing on my face through my window. I was well-rested and excited to talk to Jaymie today, but first I had to go to brunch with my sister and run a few errands. I got ready quickly, taking care of all my morning hygiene and grabbing my wallet and keys heading out the door to meet my sister. I sent Jaymie a text letting her know where I was and when I'd be back before I left just in case.

Brunch was delicious and it was nice to catch up with my sister. We hadn't spoken in a while and she was in town so we figured it might be nice to have some food, a cuppa, and a chat. It was a nice morning. She left after, leaving me to myself running errands. It was simple stuff such as grocery shopping, but it was kind of nice to be able to think for a bit.

When I was done with my errands, I texted JJ to let her know I was on my way home, but she never replied, so I assumed she was either out or asleep. I took my time putting groceries away.

"Jaymie, I'm home!" I called. No response. "JJ?" I got no reply, so when I was done putting everything away, I pulled myself up the stairs to her room. I knocked once before stepping in to let her know I was here and coming in. I got no objection, so I opened the door to see her curled on her bed watching a movie. She had a dummy in her mouth and was holding onto a stuffed bunny. I wasn't completely shocked, but it still took a second to process what was happening. When she saw me, she immediately spat the dummy out and her eyes filled with tears. I guess the one knock of warning wasn't quite enough. 

A/N: Hello!! Here's chapter 2, I hope you enjoy it so far! I'm really excited about this and I hope you all like it :) leave comments and suggestions! Enjoy xx

Question of the day! What is your favourite type of food? Mine is Indian or Italian!