N I N E T E E N

Walking into my job, I headed to the Boss's office.

I knocked on his door, waiting for a reply, hearing a few shuffles before eventually a 'come in'.

I pushed the door open seeing Vanity seated on a seat next to him fixing her hair, and he cleared his throat.

Ew, office sex.

"Boss. I quit." I said, one hand still on the door knob.

He almost choked on his spit.

"Excuse me?"

"I quit..."

"But you're one of our best psychologist, may I ask why?" He replied, causing Vanity's head to snap to him.

Jealous much.

"It's very complicated sir. I'll have all of Keon's files transferred to you. He's doing really good, he should be out of the system by next year." I told him.

Vanity shifted in her seat, staring at me.

"Are you quitting because of Keon?" She asked, causing me to mug her.

"You think I'd quit over him? No, honey." I slightly rolled my eyes turning back to the boss. Now that I'm quitting, I can talk to her however I want with absolutely no consequences.

"I can't exactly tell you no... I'll mail you your last check today." He stated, turning on his computer.

"Great. See ya." I waved the both of them off, closing the door before heading to my office to clear my things out.

I wasn't going to quit, but honestly I think I just needed a reason to, because I wasn't upset at all. I love helping people, but I actually thank Amir for blackmailing me because I just never had the balls to quit.

I'm happy with quitting.

It's finding a new job, that's going to bother me, but only because I'm lazy.

After packing all of my things up, and leaving the office practically empty I exited.

Time to start a new journey.

———————

"Don't you still do braids? We don't have that at our shop... I only do weaves, frontals, I never learned how to do braids. Plus, you can keep all the money the clients pay you." Niya suggested.

I tilted my head to the side thinking about it. I did know how to do braids, so maybe it would work out.

"Yeah, our shop would be fully equipped if you come." Amour added on.

"Okay." I smiled.

What's better than working with your best friends AND having your own working schedule as well.

Plus, I could bring Jaydin as well. I couldn't bring her to the hospital, with me. It was too dangerous and hectic.

As me, Amour, and Niya made conversation, my phone dinged.

"I bet it's Amir." Amour said.

"You owe me $5 if it's not." Niya looked at her.

They shook their hands on the bed causing me to roll my eyes.

I opened my phone and it was indeed from Amir.

"Give me my 5, bitch." Amour bucked at Niya, with a smile on her face.

I shook my head, opening Amir's message.

Amir

Amir : hope you have ya things packed, I got ya job on speed dial. What's your answer?

My answer is fuck you, and I quit the job this morning. Stop texting me.

You have blocked 'Amir'

"Still can't believe he tried to black mail you. He just mad that mental dick is bussin' and his not." Amour rolled her eyes, staring down at her nails.

"I wish you would stop wit that mental stuff." Niya laughed, and I shook my head laughing as well.

"It doesn't matter anymore, I blocked him. He won't be getting through to me anymore." I shrugged standing up to go check on Jaydin.

"And what about Jay?"

"I don't know..." I replied, honestly.

It would be wrong for me to keep her from her own father right?

—————

Author's Note : Y'all stop rushing me to update I'm trying 🤌🏾. I be having to think of plots for my chapters damn 😭... anyways ... make sure to comment book ideas, because I feel like I should make another one. Bye! Love you guys x