T H I R T Y - Epilogue

Epilogue

Amina's POV :

"Keon, where are we going?" I asked. I was currently blind folded, as he pulled my hand leading me somewhere.

"Shh, we're almost there." He chuckled, continuing to pull me.

After about 5 more minutes, we came to a stop. He stood behind me taking off the blindfold.

I blinked my eyes opened before gasping. I didn't know he was the type to have a picnic. This late at night too.

There was a variety of food options and drinks, and when you looked up it was just stars in the sky. The most beautiful thing ever.

"Oh my god, thank you. What's it for?" I asked, feeling my eyes tear up. No one had did something his nice for me, ever.

"Just sit down first." He grabbed my hand again, leading me onto the blanket. I sat down by him and waited for him to talk.

"Before I do what I'm about to do, I need for you to tell me your back story. I want to know every inch of you." His hands traced my jawline.

I twisted my lips to the side staring at him, "Can I know yours as well?" I asked. He nodded.

"Okay well, my mom died of cancer when me and Amour were 14. My dad was never around it was just us 3. When she died we got moved into foster care because after my mom got pregnant at a young age they disowned her. We were abused, mentally and physically in that stupid ass house. But we made a promise that we were going to get into college on scholarships, and never turn back. And that's exactly what we did. I did what my mom never got to do, psychology while Amour went her own path. Now... we're here today. There wasn't really much to the story." I told him.

He nodded taking it all in, "Nobody's ever going to hurt you again, okay? Not while I'm living on this earth."

I couldn't help but smile at his comforting words.

"Your turn." I said and his smile dropped.

"When I was 17.." he began before pausing and talking again, "That's when I knew I could read minds. How? I don't know. But I could. Once my mom, dad, and sister found out, it all went downhill. See my mom was a scientist and my dad was a neurologist, my sister was just a follower. They wanted to see how I did it. One day I was in the kitchen, and I heard them from the backyard. They wanted to do test on me, then kill me once they found what they needed... just for themselves. I didn't want to die. I was young. So.... I killed them first. I have a short temper, and I don't  react well to threats. The way I killed them— I don't want to talk about that, that's why my lawyer pleaded insanity. I've been in mental care ever since, and it's only been my grandma and my nephew. He said, and my eyes softened.

"I'm so sorry." I pulled him into a hug.

"No, I want this to be a happy moment. I got all of the foods, fruits, snacks, and drinks you like. You won't believe who helped me set it up." Keon smiled.

"Who?" I questioned.

"Amir."

"Really?" My eyes widened. He really has changed.

"Yeah, but why are we here Keon?" I smiled.

He grabbed my hand gently, "Will you be my girlfriend? I know it took so long, I knew you were the one for me but I needed confirmation and—"

Before he could finish I cut him off with the most passionate kiss.

"Yes, Keon Jamal Demons. I'll be your girlfriend." I smiled.

————

Now y'all know their backstories! Whompppp.

Thanks for all of the reads, I really love you guys so much.

Read my other book psycho, I'll be making a book 2 later on today!