Chapter 38

"Lucian, I found it!" I say excitedly as I adjust the magnification on the device in front of me.

"Where? What?" I feel him place his arms around me and I slip out from his embrace to let him get a proper view.

"This is the moon," He says as he looks through the telescope, the excitement in his voice now gone.

"Yes, isn't that amazing?" I stare at the large white device perched by the window, my gaze filled with awe.

He turns to me and shrugs nonchalantly. "It's nothing new. I've literally walked on this moon and most of the others."

I scowl at him and he laughs. He grabs my waist and pulls us back to the bed, the sheets already strewn all over the place because of the mess we'd made previously.

"I'd much rather look at you than a piece of rock," He smiles at me flirtatiously and I smack him on the shoulder.

"You are so cheesy!" I complain but my stomach is already all fluttery from the look of adoration on his face.

He leans in and kisses me, going slow at first and then more urgent. I grab his hair, pulling him closer, wanting to feel every inch of him against me. His lips are so soft, his body warm due to the weather here on Earth. It is a different feeling altogether, to have him here with me on the planet I fought to save with my life.

Our kisses start to get frantic, our hands roving, my core is throbbing for him but then he pulls away.

"We should probably stop," Lucian murmurs, his eyes clouded and the frustration in his face evident.

I sigh and lean against the head board of the large king sized bed. I want to argue but I know he is right.

Lucian siddles up to me and wraps an arm around my waist, pulling me to his chest.

"Earth suits you. You are absolutely glowing," He says before kissing the side of my head.

I turn around to face him and touch my face instinctively. "I am? You know what they say about women who glow?"

I remember what Cassandra used to say about pregnancy and a small buzz of panic rises in the pit of my stomach only to be extinguished by the medical officers words from the space station.

"Yes, the thought alone excites me," Lucian teases as he touches the side of my face and tucks a lock of dark hair behind my ears.

My cheeks redden considerably at the thought of a child in my belly.

His child.

"I'm not pregnant, Lucian. The medical officer said the internal damage I sustained would make pregnancy a huge risk for now," I murmur as I stare down at my belly and bruised ribs. Who would have thought that all those months of fighting would affect me that way.

I remember hearing those words from the medical officer the first time at the space station before I was cleared to go to Earth. Luna had been with me and she had gasped like it was the end of the world.

I was silent through it all. The only thing I thought about was Cassandra and a small part of me didn't want to admit how relieved I was.

To say I'm far from ready would be an understatement.

"It's not permanent. Once you heal, everything will be fine." I can tell Lucian is coaxing me. Trying to make me feel better about my injuries.

"Lucian, I'm okay," I affirm and then I rest my head on his bare chest. My fingers draw circles around his stomach. Every part of him is pure, hard muscle it feels like I am drawing on rock.