"hey there ladybug"

Gordon Bombay walked into the locker room with an uncomfortably familiar look. His hair was gelled straight back, wearing a suit and tie. The team cheered and made comments as he walked past them. "Nice jacket. Did you get two pairs of pants with that?"

"Good night last night, Coach?" Fulton asked.

"Yeah, it was fine," Bombay shrugged.

"What'd you do?" Dean asked, looking up from adjusting his fingerless gloves.

"Just watched some T.V...got to bed early."

"But not without a little dessert right?"

"A little ice cream maybe?", Fulton added, walking away.

"Nice haircut. You lose a bet?"

"Live from Los Angeles -- welcome to the Junior Goodwill Games! Tonight's matchup, Team USA faces off against Team Iceland," Averman reported, using his stick as a microphone.

"Cakewalk," Goldberg muttered.

"We have with us Greg Goldberg, goaltender for Team USA. Greg, what is it gonna take to beat these feisty Icelanders tonight?"

"I think it'll take a supreme individual effort by me, Greg Goldberg," He answered.

The referee interrupted them with the sound of a whistle. "Okay, cut it."

Jesse Hall took the face-off at the beginning of the first period, against Gunnar Stahl. At the sound of the whistle, the two fought for the puck until Dean broke them up, knocking Stahl over. "Come on, fool. Get up!" 

"You ran at him unprovoked," The referee announced.

"Huh?" Dean asked, flinging his arm behind him, hitting the ref.

"You're out of the game!" He declared, pulling the boy off the ice.

"Give me a break!"

"You're throwing him out? You can't do that -- it's three seconds into the game!" Gordon shouted from the bench.

To say that Iceland was playing hard would be a generous statement. They were bigger, faster, more aggressive, and better at almost everything. 

"Wake up, defense! I can't do this all myself," Goldberg complained to his teammates, letting in the first goal of the game.

"Hey, Goldberg! I bet if that puck was a cheeseburger, you'd stop it! Hahaha!" A boy from the stands shouted.

Gordon Bombay sighed in frustration as his team was not performing the way he'd hoped they would. "Pass the puck, Dwayne!"

"Dwayne, give me the puck!" Fulton shouted, completely open and ready to fire it in.

"Pass it to Fulton!" Bombay yelled.

Gunnar stole the puck, bringing it down into the USA's zone. He shot with a backhand but was blocked by Goldberg. Adam grabbed it with his stick and tried to maneuver it back to the other side, but was thrown over the back of a player. 

Luis was now on a breakaway. He glided down at top speed, to only wipe out into the boards for two reasons, he was tripped by the stick of a defender, and he simply could not stop. "Come on, ref. Call something," He groaned.