Chapter 10: Alpha Ralph

It was easy to slide into the role of a maid at Alpha Ralph's house.

Now I am standing in the grand foyer, one of many maids in a row facing the Alpha and Luna. Behind us is another row of butlers.

"...clean the foyer, clean the guest rooms, make sure the foods are being prepared..." The Alpha is giving off a list of things to do for everyone. He paces back and forth in front of the maids while reading a list. The Luna is standing by him, back straight, and eyes staring down each maid and butler.

Her hair is a bleached white while her eyes are a battering shade of blue. Her eyes are even lighter for a usual blue eyed werewolf. They look like they could cut ice as they try to cut into each maid one by one.

I can sense the tension in the air and the anxiousness of the maids around me. I caught onto it early on and quickly adopted the same appearance.

My hair is a dirty blonde wig tied back into a bun. My face is made a bit paler and my eyes have dark brown contacts in them. The goal is to be as uninteresting looking as possible so they won't remember me or think anything of me.

I could tell that the disguise works as the Luna's eyes gives me a once over and a flash in her eyes tells me that she sees me as scum and inferior to her beauty.

I hold back a smile and bite my lip to appear nervous.

"You are dismissed."

All the maids bow to the Alpha and hustle out of the room. I head towards a small door by the stairs and feel one of the butlers behind me. I know who it is without looking.

"Luna" Beta Stone tells me shortly as he brushes past me.

I glare at him. It isn't directed at me but for me. He wants me to keep an eye on the Luna while he gets most of the information by keeping an eye on the Alpha.

Definitely not going to happen.

For most of the day, I work with the other maids to clean the house. I go by the name Lacey and act submissive and invisible to anyone, even the maids themselves.

The pool of soap and water beneath me dampens my apron and I straighten my back. Scrubbing the floors is starting to hurt my back.

I stand up and excuse myself from the room telling the other maid that I am going to get something from the closet.

I enter the closet and turn to Beta Stone who is waiting there for me.

Moving his hands in a motion he tells me through sign language to offer tea to the Luna.

I ask him what he will be doing and he tells me that he will do the same for the Alpha. The idea, he explains, is to try to overhear something important.

I try to tell him that I will go to the Alpha but he looks at me before leaving the closet.

I have no clue why he hates me so much but it is getting on my nerves.

I head out of the closet and to the Luna's office. She tells me to enter after just a few knocks.

"What do you want?" She demands more than asks. I glance at the papers she is shifting through.

"I was wondering, ma'am, if you would like some tea."

She looks at me for the first time, removing her eyes from the papers. I pause as if thinking but then stumble an apology.

"I'm so sorry. I mean, will you like some tea Luna Amanda?"

She frowns at me. "That's better. Get me Earl Grey and have someone else bring it to me."