Chapter 11[Noisy]

CRYSTAL'S P.O.V.

   I had done enough crying during the weekend. Today being on a Monday, I had to brace myself. Mr Winters said that he'll be here to take me to the club that I'll be working at. After I was done taking my shower,  I was now standing infront of my closet looking for an outfit. I settled on wearing a chocolate brown suit and a white button up shirt with my white Christian louboutin stiletto heels. I tied my hair up in a tight ponytail and wore white circular pearl earrings and my favorite necklace that had the  C initial. After that I decided not to put  any makeup on, just mascara and a little bit of gloss.

I went down stairs to eat my breakfast and I was surprised to see some familiar faces. The two sons of Sir Barnie, Derrick Wilson, the first born. He was rich and extremely arrogant. He's the real definition of a skirt chaser and to even think that my mom tried to pair me up with him makes me cringe in disgust. He had slightly brown hair and blue eyes. He had dimples on each cheek. He was really handsome, that, I can't deny. But he had a very bad reputation. He once tried to sleep with me when we were at a charity event. Things didn't go according to his plan and he hated me ever since. Well, that's a story for another day.

Then there was Leonardo Wilson. The second and last child of Sir Barnie. He was the silent kid. He wasn't really the good kid he was just the child that no one cared about. He used to work hard to impress his dad but got tired of it and started living his life. He is an underground boxing champion and he lived his life care free. He was a male version of his mother. The jet black hair, brown eyes, sharp nose. And slightly plump lips. He was handsome too.

" Crystal, it's nice to have you join us for breakfast" Sir Barnie said. I smiled and  sat down at the dinning table. I was served breakfast and I ate in silence. Just  when I was taking the last bite, I heard Derrick saying, " So Crystal" he paused and sipped his orange juice and I knew that if I don't stop him now it's not going to end well. But when he was about to talk, the doorbell rung. I grabbed that opportunity and said, "and that's my cue to leave" I got up, took my bag and walked out. I could hear Sir Barnie and his wife chuckling.

I opened the door and Lewis was standing there with a smile on his face. He was wearing a black turtleneck shirt and blue jeans. He looked so casual. For a minute I felt like I didn't get the memo. "Good morning Miss Danford" he said while holding out his hand for me to shake. I took it and said," Well someone's in a good mood" he just chuckled and ushered me to his car. He opened the door for me and I thanked him and got in. He got in and we drove off.

The drive was oddly silent but Lewis broke the silence when he spoke. " I heard about your house, am sorry. The police are investigating the mater. The house wasn't badly destroyed so it can be rebuilt, but it'll take some time."  He said and I just nodded. I didn't want to talk about it for now. I want to focus on rebuilding my life. I pushed back the tears that were threatening to fall and faced the window. We were buried in awkward silence but I was okay with it. From the corner of my eye, I could see him throwing glances at me but I ignored.

Forty five minutes later, we were standing infront of a club called Noisy it was indeed noisy. We got in and my nose was attacked by the strong smell of alcohol. The place was contrary to what I had expected. It looked quite classic and standard. Disco lights were  illuminating the club. It was daytime and it was packed in here. There were people dancing on the dancefloor, others were seated in private booths. There were were booths that were reserved for VVIP, VIP and Regular customers. I marvelled at the exquisite decor of the club.

Mr Winters held my hand and pulled me to a secluded path. We walked into an elevator which took us all the way up to the fourth floor. "This floor is where the acting boss's office is. He is not a polite man neither is he patient. I'd highly advice you to stay on his good side. I nodded. We stopped infront of two big brown doors. Mr Winters knocked on the door and we heard 'the door is open' so we got in.

There was a man with blonde hair tied back. He looked up and he had beautiful blue eyes. I noticed a scar just above his left eye. He stood up and started walking to our direction, he was huge. "Mr Winters, welcome to my office" he said while shaking his hand. I put out my hand in his direction for him to shake it but he ignored me and went back to his seat. I was offended but I shrugged it off.

"Is she the lady you told me about?" He asked Mr Winters, "yes, she's the one " he answered and then looked at me, "This is Mister Adrik Bolodenka. He's your boss. You'll be answering and reporting to him only."  His thick accent sold him out, He is Russian. "Mr Bolodenka, this is Crystal Danford, she'll be working as the new General Manager." Lewis said. He looked at me and there was this look in his eyes that I couldn't decipher.

I was told that that I'll be starting work tomorrow. He told me everything that I needed to know. He then suggested to give us a tour of the club and where my office was. Shockingly my office was in the same floor as his, it was actually next to his office. My office was a little bit smaller than his. There was a desk and a chair. On the desk, there was a white apple desktop computer. On the left side there was a shelf with files. Next to it was a water dispenser. There was also a small sofa on the right side. I was contented with it but I had different ideas of decorating it and making it look better.

We went on to explore the club. He showed us where the toilets were. The first floor was only for important guests, and the ground floor was for regulars. As we were walking past the booths on the first floor, I saw something, or rather a man. Infront of his booth, there were two heavily built guys dressed in black suits. The man was surrounded by three females.
He looked at me and our eyes met. For a minute I felt like he could see right through me. There was a strange vibe about him but I decided to put it aside since we were now going into the ground floor where it was really crowded. We finished our tour and Mr Winters and I went out for lunch.

*************************************
Thank you for reading this chapter.
Please tell me how you like the characters so far.
❤️
Shout out to @Hanishadevi for voting on my previous chapters