Chapter One

Within one of a great many of villages during the Taisho Period, a couple of youngsters had come across each other in this life. The side of the country was so small and demons roamed wild while the government was unaware of the inconveniences. Here's one of  the people of this areas story. 

Chapter One| Where the Demons Roam

"It's not all about being strong physically, (Y/N)"

A hand came over your shoulder to help relax the frustrated grip you had.Irritation arises as you'd been here 24/7 every 5 days of the week dealing with what you thought was unnecessary commentary. Previously, there was just you and the woods early morning. A blonde boy watched from afar as you were beating at the bamboo that surrounded your village. Your parents specifically grew them to sell but you planted a batch secretly to work on your fighting skins just against minor thugs.

You noticed him every time he revealed himself, you wondered if he was shy but eventually it irritated you. Every time he'd watch, his arms crossed as if he were judging you. Maybe he was impressed. Though it was rude how he stared behind the trees of bamboo like you couldn't see him, or he was aware.

"Hey!"

There his smile faded on his face. He said 'Hey!' Louder than you which made you raise a brow to him. You tilted your head confused. "What's with you?" You asked and he'd approach.

"My name is Rengoku Kyojuro! We should meet officially! I just moved here but I won't be here long!" He was honest. "I would like to be friends!"

"No."

'So quick!' Kyojuro thought when you responded.
"That's harsh of you."

You laughed under your breath and smacks a loose bamboo tree to quickly whack him, he dodged and smacked it back which caught you by surprise. You ended up getting hit in the nose where you screamed in pain. You held your nose as a knot also formed on your head

"Oh! I'm so sorry!"

Kyojuro apologized while helping you up. You were angry with him but your plan to catch him off guard backfired greatly. You took his hand then pulled him passed you. Switching who was standing and who would be on the floor. You then walked away still mad but mostly because the pain was frustrating. Kyojuro looked at you dumbfounded but impressed.

"(L/N) (F/N)"

You walked off still and he called out your name even with great distance.

"See you tomorrow! (Y/n)!"

~Current Time~

"We only talked one time about something in common and you just won't let it go will you?"

Menacingly looking at him as well. You were at the point where you just might insult him for being even near you at the moment. He only laughed as you were irritated by the presence of his being.

"Go be a wanna be Demon slayer elsewhere. Your eyebrows are weird too." Insulting him, he paused.

"Insulting doesn't get you ahead of me. My father was one too and I'm right around the corner!" Saying loudly, which still caught you off guard. He was loud almost all the time and it was either he did it on purpose or actually his personality. "And people thought I was hot headed. It's the hair. I just have such a good spirit!" Exclaiming everything he preached and the moment he laughed in a way you found cocky, you swung your bamboo stick at him, which he stopped and next swept you off your feet.