Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten| Waiting

(Y/n) listened when Rengoku suggested a place where she could take shelter.  Mostly from the sun. To be honest, the places you rolled up on wasn't really impressive, but it'd do.

The seasons were changing again. Time just doing it's job. Well, there were areas where it didn't snow so who knows what time of year it felt like.The snow was thickening as you were making way up the mountain. There was a small hut that resided against the side of the mountain behind trees where leaves had fallen onto the snow. It was a clear shot all the way and it seemed there was no civilization.

You stood before it as the cold winds would blow pass you in every direction. It barely phased you. You were reminiscing about everything and thinking of where you are now. You were fatigued greatly. The seal may have given you a bad reaction, like the lack to eat. There was a mild urge but it didn't last long.
Continuing on, you'd enter the little house and see it had dust. Closing the opening behind yourself, the dark was only for sometime. The sun began to peek and it seemed like it was forever that night ran wild.

You began to tinker with what was on the inside and if Rengoku was coming, you planned to keep the place warm and welcoming. There was a closet that had a blanket and more things like an axe. You wouldn't need it since your claws were enough to cut down a great many of things. You decided to wait though because it'd be smarter to avoid the rays of the sun.

There wasn't anything you could do but stay and use what was in the home to keep the home warm. Even though the snow outside was little trouble, the warmth of fire was nice.

While the home began to lighten up while night came again later. You were weak from not eating. It had been a couple of days only and you were only exhausted. You placed the bed and decided to sleep. There you slept for some time. Your body was fighting against sleep so some mornings you'd just stay up and throw more wood in the fire.

During your stay for the past 3 days, you'd gather wood to keep a fire going almost every night. At least when you'd notice it would be an unbearable temperature for a human to deal with. There were at least 3 baskets left but Rengoku never appeared yet. You had little faith now but your sleep would make time go by faster if you didn't wake up so much.Not expecting to freeze to death when sleep but hopefully if he does, he'll know the place was kept in good shape.

~~TimeSkip~~

You've awaken later on as you started to hear a voice say over and over again. 'Delicious' you peaked to a blur

'Delicious!'

When the volume got louder you were startled to where your eyes opened to see flaming hair

When the volume got louder you were startled to where your eyes opened to see flaming hair. Sipping out of a bowl and placing it back on the table. "Delicious!"

The fire was relit and the room was warm again. You only saw his back facing you. You recognized him for his hair since his Hashira attire was placed somewhere. It seemed he was still in uniform. When looking around again. The room appeared different. You were definitely not in the same place either.

"Did..."

"You crashed at the wrong place! Ahahaha!" Rengoku still facing the front door. "I had to escort you out but luckily the people who owned the place weren't too worried about it! Thank goodness you were still sleeping or they'd be able to detect that you're not human." He stood up and cleaned up the table by himself. "It was nice of you to collect wood. During this time of year, the people would go out and collect more and store,sell it, and trade it. I didn't specify this house being a little to the left and a right, but I didn't want Sanemi to pursue you getting here!" He continued to explain and talk... and talk...while moving into the next room. He spoke loudly from there.

"An old woman gave me her residence after recognizing my grandfathers work. Her granddaughter used to own it through inheritance but had moved to Tokyo! It was nice of them to offer the place as an alternative living space for me! I am grateful! They had also left so much delicious food behind! I'm no cook but I can make only so much."

You had gotten up, folded the blanket and put it away. You didn't plan to sleep longer. "You providing wood for the previously owners home was very generous. Maybe it was your intention or not but they appreciated your work. I would've never thought you were to be thoughtful." Rengoku kept conversation even though you couldn't see him. "They were concerned on how you didn't freeze to death, though the cold was blowing. Thankful they didn't try anything while you slept! It'd be a shame if I had to come find you eating someone!"

"Yeah... it was definitely for them." You didn't want him to know it was for him since it'd leave you flustered. That'd explain the axe and what was stored in the small storage unit. Though he looked fine even if it was snowing terribly.The weather didn't seem to bother him which confused you about his tolerance.

"I wish I knew what to give you. Your tastebuds aren't the same. When was the last time we had (your fav food) and talked?" Rengoku came out in a dark colored kimono . A more casual kimono with dark colors. His hair was the only thing that made the casual have more pizzaz. "I'm sorry it's taken me almost a whole year to get back. I was immediately busy after letting you go."

"It's been..." you had finally clicked into being awake "almost 12 months!?" You looked at Rengoku in disbelief. He shook is head.

"I exaggerated to see your reaction. It's only been 2 months and the year is almost over! You seem to have been holding your own though with sleeping."

"Ugh..."

"It has been enough time for Sanemi to get over the possible chance that I let you run. To be honest, I was brought to the point where I would've cracked. Lying isn't my strong suit. There was only little truth."

"Gosh, I felt like time didn't even move..." you said and Rengoku put his hands on your shoulders while looking down at you.

"Now, we have time. I took a leave due to my last injury. Visited my father and brother and made way here." You've noticed he didn't mention his mother and you were rather curious as to why. Before even speaking you were thinking of the reasons beforehand. She could've passed away, she abandoned them, or... As you though, Rengoku answered.

"Yeah, my mother isn't with us now. I'm sure you remember her as an amazing woman. She actually liked that we were friends!" Rengoku smiled. "She even said you'd be a kind wife to me and that'll be my happily ever after." He laughed out loud with his arms crossed. You saw how he'd make something so sad so nice. A wonderful woman she was indeed. "I dunno, she imagined the world around me but it was probably because she knew she couldn't see it. *sigh*"

'So realistic....'

"Wait!? WIFE?!?" You were flustered and covered your face. Rengoku laughed even harder out loud.

"Now, (y/n). What were you dreaming about while I was away? You slept so long?"

{Little thought ☁️}