-Chapter 25-

a/n
thank you to everyone who reads this book. there's more than 90K reads!! 1k was a huge milestone for me- and now we've reached about 94K reads! thank you thank you thank you! i love you all so much, i hope you enjoy this chapter.

thank you all for your sweet comments too, i may not have had time to reply to them all- but i read every single one and they've all made my day so far!

enjoy the chapter and let me know if there are any mistakes <3

•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•

"You'll be fine dad. You have to get better now, for all of us."

"I'm getting better for my sweet grandchild Elora- the rest of you better not excite yourselves too much!" Dad joked back.

It's been a week or so since I've arrived and I've gone virtually unnoticed by many pack members. Dad's health was the worst I had ever seen it, but he was rapidly healing, all praise to the Moon Goddess. He was explaining how having Elora around had given him motivation to get better. Mum and Knox were a bit butthurt, but we all know that dad is getting better and that having Elora near is playing a part in helping him heal.

As much as I love being here, and love watching my little Elora make some great memories here, I internally wished for dad to get better as quick as possible, so that I could go. Leaving soon would reduce my chances of being spotted by Dmitri. Mia said he's been batshit crazy ever since I left the pack. The chances of him finding me is like finding a needle in a haystack. Imp-fucking-ossible.

The me from before I had Elora would be cursing him. The me now doesn't even care. I'm not bothered for his negativity any longer. The more you reminisce negative people and the negative effect they have or have had on you, the more you only hurt yourself.

Anyways, it's nearly Knox's birthday. He'll be turning 18! I can't believe how time flies. Even though this year the circumstances of his birthday will obviously be different- like they've been for the past three years, I'm determined to make it a memorable event. He's been helping out so much, not just at home but with the pack and he's the best uncle Elora could ever ask for.

I've tried asking Knox what he wants for his birthday, but the kid will literally just shake his head at me and with a straight face say; "Family is the gift." Vin Diesel vibes but okay.

"Ariiiii!! Knox won't tell me what he wants for his birthday!" Mia came grumbling into the kitchen. Tomorrow is Knox's birthday, and he still hasn't told any of us what he wants.

"He won't tell me either- he just gives a response you'd expect from someone in a care home."

"HAHA! Yeah the sad little 'Nothing's more important than family. Family is everything. Family is the gift'. Ugh shut it Dom Toretto." Mia cackled, and I couldn't help but to laugh too. Her laugh was entirely contagious.

"Whoo. Okay, he likes carrot cake. But not store-bought. We'll make him a homemade carrot cake, and maybe get him some cologne? Ugh why is buying presents so difficult?" I moaned.

"Men are difficult girl, not buying presents." Mia grumbled and I could tell her words had a somewhat double meaning. Had she found her mate??

I couldn't contain myself when I shrieked in pure excitement.

"Before your maniac ass gets excited- he's a total dick." Mia grunted, acknowledging the fact that I'd immediately thought of her having a mate.

"Do you want to talk about it-"

"Truth be told Ari, no. I don't want to talk. About him or about anyone especially with you." I was taken back by her words. She was so angry and I wish I knew why.