-Chapter 8-

CHAPTER 8- The Ceremony. Or not?

Walking back to the table I was sat at prior to the entire fiasco taking place, I was thrown overboard by frantic questions from a smirking yet suspicious Mia.

"Where were you?"

"Has Dmitri seen you?"

"Was he jealous?"

"Do you want me to get a pack warrior hunk to kiss you? That would SO make him jealous!"

"Hey you look ill, are you ill?"

"You sure you don't wanna take that pregnancy test I was talking about?"

Now through all of the other questions, I just sat there. Wondering what exactly I had done in my life for me to be led here, at this table, surrounded by endless questions by a somewhat insane she wolf who goes by the name of Mia.

Although I ignored the other questions, I had to stop Mia at the last one. First of all- for all I knew it was entirely false. Secondly, not everyone in this room probably knows that she's messing around with me. Which means they'll all assume I'm pregnant.

"Mia", I poked her to grab her attention and stop her awful shrieking. This time I was successful.

"Yeah?"

"Do me a favour by SHUTTING THE FÛCK UP." After my mini shriek, I smiled sweetly at her confused and shocked expression.

"Did you just...did you just swear at me? AHAHA IVE TAUGHT YOU WELL MY CHILD", screamed Mia as she pulled me into a headlock.

"Will you two damn she wolves shut up!? Me and Furiel here are trying to listen!"
Screeched an old lady sitting on the table situated right next to us.
We were being loud but damn, Sharon there is no need to screech like that, you are not a bat.
Also what the heck is the name 'Furiel'? Who in their right minds looks at their child and thinks;
"Ah yes. Furiel is a great name."

Mia breathed in a huge puff of air and I knew she was about to snap at the bitter old ladies who had nothing better to do then simp for the young âsshole of an alpha.
Even though I really did not want to stop Mia from her rant that would undoubtedly start soon, I unfortunately had to otherwise even more attention would make its way to us two. Which is something I did NOT want. Mia had already gotten everyone to turn at least three times in the span of around thirty seconds. That was not a fun experience.

"Terribly sorry on her behalf, ladies. She's just had a bit too much to drink-"
I had began but was stopped by Mia whisper shouting; "What?! I swear I haven't even touched the bar yet!"

Pinching her harshly to shut her up, I turned around to the ladies and gave them a forced smile.
"Please, enjoy the event."

They rewarded me with the sourest grimace in history before babbling with each other about how today's youth was so disrespectful and how this was unacceptable in their times. Yikes.

By no means did I want to have to apologise to the sour patch grandmas in front of me (see what I did there) but I had to in order to not draw attention to me and Mia, I really had hoped that the ceremony would pass by quickly, with me and Mia being practically invisible- especially me.

"I saw you getting a lil cozy with a pack warrior, Mia, have you found your mate?" Winking while I talked, I tried getting an answer out of Mia.

"My mate? Pfft. He wanted me to make his ex girlfriend jealous so he hugged me and I hugged him back. Strange dude." Mia brushed it off.