44.

"Appa, I know Maa has said that we will do the marriage rituals as per your tradition, and we love that decision. But... our marriage is between two families here, two cultures.. and we want to merge both the rituals together, if you don't mind. Sangeet, Haldi, Mehendi... Morning we can get married as per your customs in Temple as per your wish and then lunch.. like you have planned. Night on the same day, after reception, can we marry again as per our customs!" Sid said hesitant, a little doubtful of his suggestion. 

"But Beta why do you want that?" Maa asked worried thinking about why Sid without any discussion with her had put forth this idea!

"Maa, I know your wish.. You always have dreamt about my marriage, worry about it. I know I have delayed my marriage, I am 35 and you have waited for long! but when I saw Sana, I knew she is the one. I want to fulfill your dreams about my marriage as well Maa... and besides this I heard you and Kajal talking..." Sid said.. remembering the talk, both mother daughter were discussing when he was about to enter his mom's room after dinner two days back. 

**Flashback**

"Maa... mera dream bhaiya ki Barath main nach ne ka reh hi gaya... aap ne kyun bolo to have marriage as per their rituals?" Kajal whined saying it to Maa, lying down in her lap.

"Arre toh hum nachenge na... they also have some ritual like this.. Bas Sid will not be in Godi, but in car.. Unka marriage subah ke time hota hain, so you will dance in the morning.." Maa said smiling stroking Kajal's hair.

"Subah? Oh I didn't know that... weird haina, but what about your dreams Maa... apne itne sapne dekhe the... Sid ki shaadi main yeh karungi.. woh karungi.." Kajal said slacking her hands.

"Koi baath nahi... you know.. beti ke maa baap bahut sapne dekthe hain.. Maine teri shaadi main sab armaan pure kiya na.. they must also have it right.. and Sana ke parents itni muskil se agree hue hain for this marriage... This is the least I could do from our side.." she said.

"Phir bhi maa.. You were all worried and exhausted  during my time.. Sid ki shaadi main you would have enjoyed the rituals without tension and stress.. sab reh gaya.." Kajal pestered her.

"Hmm..." Maa sighed and said, "For me Sid's happiness is important than anything else Kajal... woh khush toh main khush huin... already itna late kar diya isne shaadi karne main, I just want to see him happily married to Sana. Bahut responsibility le hain bechare ne choti si umar main.. I see him happy now, with her..  It doesn't matter in which way he does... bas shaadi honi chahiye... agni ke saath phere le ke... agni ko sakshi  maan ke, bade logo ke aashirwad se... and that will be achieved in their way of marriage rituals.. right.. ab jayda mat soch." patting Kajal's head she laid down with a sulken face, which was noticed by Sid. 

"We can do pre marriage rituals na Maa atleast... Sangeet.. Haldi.. Mehendi.. I want to see Sana wearing  Lehenga given by us.." Kajal said lying down near sleeping Abhi.

"She will wear our Lehenga in reception.. we will have that after marriage in night.. That is what Bala Bhaisaab said.. let's see... pehle engagement toh jaye Kajal.. tu kahan abhi se Shaadi ke plans kar rahi hain... So jaa.. I am tired" she said shutting Kajal down and turning other side... brooding Kajal turned and said.. "Right.. pehle Sagai toh ho jaye.. Good night Maa..." 

**

"You don't have to sacrifice your dreams for my happiness Maa..." Sid said holding his mom's hand.

She had tears in her eyes welled up, seeing her loving son who never stops to show how adorable, responsible and understanding he is.

"Appa, when Sid asked me about this, I was so excited and felt this was the right way... Imagine  we will be tied together witnessed by Sun and then by moon & stars as well.. I am so thrilled. We have always valued our families in our relation and always kept them ahead of us.. even now I want you, Maa everyone to be happy and satisfied and not compromise with any of their dreams." Sana said hugging Appa's arm side ways.