~21

Avalon's POV:

I wake up with the worst headache in history, why did I drink so much? I am not a drinker, what even happened last night?

I groan as mom comes in with a glass of water and a small pill, "morning honey, I think you overdid it last night on the drinks."

"Yeah, my head hurts", I whine.

"Well your sister is still asleep", she hands me the glass and pill.

I take the pill and she leaves, I get a text from Jesse.

Jesse: What happened last night?

Me: I have no idea, it was all a blur, I don't even know how I got home

Jess: Well I woke up in one of Felix's rooms

Me: Avery probably brought me home

Jess: Enjoy your weekend

Me: You too

I go downstairs where mom and dad are talking in the living room, "morning", I smile and go to the kitchen.

"Avalon, you didn't do anything stupid last night, did you?" Dad asks hestiantly.

"What? No dad, you know me better than that."

"I know, sorry."

"What do you girls think about a beach day? We haven't had one of that in a long time", mom suggests.

"Ask Avery, she's always busy with Donovan", I put some pancakes on my plate.

Mom goes up the stairs, "Avery", I hear her call.

"One more month dad", I sigh.

"Yeah", he sighs, "that's what we were talking about actually when she has her days off we agree to spend hours video chatting even if I'm at work."

"What about Avery and me?"

"You girls can call her after school or over the weekend once she's free."

"You think you can make this long-distance relationship work?"

"What are your plans for your first break from school?"

"Lakehouse with our friends for the week or something", I shrug.

"Good, I'll use that time and fly over to America to spend some time with your mother, maybe see my siblings while I'm at it."

"Or you can take us with you", I offer.

"It's just for a few days, while you're at the lakehouse I'll use that time to go."

"Well, in July we'll go then."

He nods.

"Look what I found", mom comes downstairs holding Donovan by his ear, dad glares at him and Avery comes down after.

Uh oh, they're in hot water for sure now.

"Good morning Mr. We-"

"Out, now!" Dad yells pointing to the front door.

Donovan bows his head and leaves.

"Dad I can explain", Avery begins, this should be good.

"Phone now young lady!" He demands and she flinches handing over her phone, "you're grounded for two weeks, no phone, you will go to school and come straight here after practice and after games."

"You can't do that, mom", she looks at mom who had her arms cross.

"Do you want me to add another week and no Valentine's day dance?" Mom challenges.