~37

Avalon's POV:

One Month Later

"We're going to the championship I can't believe it!" Jesse shouts as we win the game that grants us access to the championship.

"Party tonight at my house", Donovan says, "we deserve it."

"You guys sure did", coach Wills agrees, "good going."

"All thanks to our captain and vice-captain", Felix turns to Bryce and me.

I smile, the month flew quickly and Bryce and I have gotten closer ever since Jesse has been busy with Alexa; I have hung out with Alexa and she doesn't seem bad plus treats Jesse great.

"Championship is in three days, but tonight I give you a break to enjoy yourself, see you all at 3 pm tomorrow for practice", coach Wills dismisses us.

"Good game guys", Elle approaches us, we have grown used to having her around so now she's part of the group after Luciano assured Bailey that he only has eyes for her.

"Thanks", I tell her.

Jesse and Alexa share a kiss and we all walk off the field.

"Don't be late, the party starts in one hour", Donovan reminds us and leaves with Avery.

Over the past month we communicated with mom like twice a week, she promised to visit before July which is in two months.

"Are you going to the party?" Bryce asks me after we change and heading to the parking lot.

I shrug, dad is home tonight so I wanted to keep him company, he has grown fond of Bryce.

"Congrats my son", Mrs. King comes and hugs Bryce, "same goes for you Ava", she hugs me.

"Thank you", I smile.

"Your father and I are going to dinner at a restaurant, do you want to come?" She offers.

"Actually I'm going with Avalon to her house and hang out, I'll see you later", Bruce shakes his head.

What? He's not going to the party?

"See you later", she leaves.

"You're not going  to the party?" I frown.

"No, I just want to relax tonight", he takes my bag.

I nod.

When we get to my home, dad's car is in the driveway.

"I'm home and I brought company", I announce when I enter the house.

"Bryce, hey", dad shakes Bryce's hand.

"Nice to see you again Mr. West", Bryce says.

"Congrats on the win, I watched it on TV at the office", he explains.

"All thanks to your talented daughter", Bryce smiles at me.

"Yeah, I was a soccer player back in my days as well", dad admits.

"I know, Avalon showed me some of your old high school games", he nods.

"Would you kids like a drink?"

"Water for me", Bryce replies.

"Soda."

"On second thought, I'll like a soda as well."

"Be right back."

I take my bag upstairs to my room.

"Nice room", Bryce says by the door, "similar to mine with the posters and trophies."