~33

Avalon's POV:

Saturday

We are leaving to go home today, the last three days flew quickly and Jesse stayed in Bryce's room when he left Wednesday morning; he was my roommate since Jesse decided to hook up that night.

I was hurt though, but he already made up his mind to be with that girl he hooked up with.

Yesterday was dad and his siblings' birthday, Avery and I spent 3 hours video chatting with them and wishing them many more. Dad got to spend three days with mom which he was happy for, but now he mightn't see her until July.

"Are you pack?" Avery enters the room, I nod.

"Have you talk to Jess since the party?"

"Not really", I shake my head.

She sighs, "I'm sorry he moved on."

"It's okay, I'll be fine", I assure her.

"Are you sure?"

I nod.

"When we get back home I'm taking you to a spa day tomorrow", she states.

"I'm fine Avery besides I need to prep for soccer practice on Monday."

Since qualifications for the championship begins when school starts so the coach decided for us to use our break to do some practice.

"Just two hours, please."

"Only two."

She grins.

We're leaving after we have lunch, we still have two hours to kill so I decide to take advantage of the pool before I leave. 

When I get to the pool, Jesse and his new 'girlfriend' are in the hot tub. She's pretty with chestnut hair and hazel eyes, a slim figure, and a height of 5'6; she attends an all-girl private school and was staying at her cousin's lakehouse on the side of the lake.

"Hey Ava", Jesse waves.

"Hey, hey Alexa."

Her name is Alexa.

"Hey", she smiles, she's friendly but I don't like her because now she takes up all Jesse's time; the only time I might get to hang out with him is at school, during practice, and games.

I dive into the pool and swim around for a bit before I hear my phone ringing on the chair I place my towel on. I get out of the pool, dry my hands and answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Hey Avalon, how's it going?" Bryce asks.

"Fine, why did you call?"

"Are you doing anything tomorrow?"

"No.."

"I'll pick you up at 4 pm, we're going to do some practice and probably come up with more plays for our games especially when we make it to the championship", he states.

"Just us?"

"Yes."

Just the two of us, Bryce and I. 

I smile.

I ignore Jesse and Alexa who are cuddling in the hot tub as I leave the room, he doesn't deserve me anyway.

***

I frown as I stand outside looking at the vehicles, I didn't want to ride with Jesse since things are awkward between us, I'm better off going with Donovan, Avery and Mackenzie.

"Do you want to ride with us?" Avery asks me.

"Thank you", I carry my suitcase to Donovan's car.

"Bye, see you on Tuesday", Jesse kisses Alexa before she goes to the van that just pulls up between Donovan and Felix's vehicles. 

Jesse has a smile on his face, I guess she makes him happy.

"I'm so sorry Avalon, your first crush turned out to be this way", Mackenzie smirks and I glare at her.

"Don't you have Bryce's pictures to go stalk on Instagram or something?" I retort.

She scoffs, "I don't stalk his pictures."

"Whatever."

After everything is pack and the house locked, we leave.

This was a fun week despite minor things, but in general, it was good and I enjoyed the party well most of it.

2 hours later

"We're home", Avery announces as we walk through the front door, we had dad's gift in our bags, "dad?"

We hear laughing coming from the back of the house when we get there, dad and Mrs. Parker are sitting by the table having a drink.

"Oh, hey girls", dad gets up and hugs us, "I missed you so much."

"Happy birthday once again", I say.

"Having the both of you was the best gift I have ever gotten", he says and Avery tears up.

"We love you too dad", Avery cries then we give him his gift.

"Hey, girls", Mrs. Parker waves, "I just came over to have a drink with your father since he celebrated it in the states."

"Once you know he's married", Avery states.

"Avery", dad sighs.

"What? I'm sure mom doesn't know she's here often."

"She knows and is quite fine with it because she trusts me, we been married for a long time", dad explains.

"I hope you enjoy your gift, I'll be in my room then Donovan is taking me out", she states.

"But we made dinner reservation fo-"

"I'll be there", she cuts me off and leaves.

"What dinner reservation?" Dad smiles.

"Our final gift to you for your birthday well post-birthday celebration with us", I answer.

"I love you girls so much", he wipes a tear, "you're the greatest daughters ever."

I smile.

"Thanks for the drink Matt, but I have to go now since your girls are back", Mrs. Parker gets up.

"See you on Monday", dad nods and see her out, I look up at Avery's window the curtains are closed.

***

I am watching myself in the mirror, I manage to find a decent-looking dress for the dinner and I decided to wear a flat whole shoe instead of sneakers tonight.

"Are you ready to go Avalon? Reservation is 7:30 pm", dad calls.

"Coming."

I apply some lip balm to my lips and leave my room.

Dad and I leave the house and get into his vehicle, Avery will meet us there with Donovan since dad invited him and we can fill in the extra empty seat.

"How's Jesse?" Dad asks.

I scoff, "he has a girlfriend now."

"Are you sure?"

"No doubt, they were always together the past three days and were making out", I inform him.

"I see and how do you feel about that?"

"How do you expect me to feel? He made his choice and I'll move on eventually", I state.

He sighs, "I'm sorry, I know how much you like  him."

"Yeah, whatever", I look out the window trying to ignore the pain I feel when I  hear Jesse's name or thinking about him.

If he is happy with Alexa then I am happy for him, his happiness is what matters the most to me.

_____________________

Don't forget to vote,

Loneliness sucks, take it from someone who experiences it every day.