~34

Avalon's POV:

Next Day 

"We leave for the spa at 1 pm", Avery reminds me.

"I know."

Dad is still asleep, I guess he's tired; after dinner last night he dropped us home and went for a drink with a few buddies.

I am watching TV while Avery is texting on her phone, no doubt with Donovan.

"Have you decide which university you want to apply for?" I ask her.

"Yeah, I have two in mind", she nods, "Donovan even asked me, I think he really wants the long-distance relationship to work."

I nod, little does she know.

Dad comes down thirty minutes later, "morning girls."

"Hey dad, did you have a good night?" Avery smirks.

"Of course I did, I needed it."

"What time did you get home?"

"1:30 this morning, I had to drop Mrs. Parker home first."

"Of course", she scoffs.

"She's not a bad person and we're partners", dad states.

"Right, panthers, I'm sure she secretly wishes you can sleep with you."

"Avery."

"I'm sure, she is divorce dad, you and mom, and thousands of miles apart, anything can happen."

"I love your mother, that will never change when you girls are off to university next year I  might ask for a transfer to America", he states.

"What?" I frown.

"Your mother and I talked about it, maybe you can study in America as well, it'll be easier for you to get your permanent citizenship since both your parents were originally from America", he explains.

I shake my head, "I love it here dad, we grew up here and I watch to play soccer in university, I'll have scouts looking at me next year, I can't give up that chance."

"I understand, but during your break, who will you spend it with? All your family will be in America", he points out.

I sigh, "I'll think about something, can't you stay here until I have done university?"

"I can't stay away from your mother for five years Ava, I'll only get to see her few times a year, I will not survive", he shakes his head.

I sigh, "I'll think about it."

"Good, that's all we're asking."

____

"Have a nice day and do come again", the receptionist waves at us as we leave.

Avery and I look so alike now that we did a makeover together that people on the street are having a hard time telling us apart.

"Let's get a drink before we head home", Avery suggests and we enter a place that sells smoothies.

"What can I get for you pretty ladies?" The cashier flirts.

"Strawberry smoothie and I already have a boyfriend", Avery orders.

"Um.. mango for me", I say.

"Names."

"Avery."

"Avalon."

"So strawberry for Avery and mango for Avalon?"

We nod and go by a table to wait.

"Let's take a picture together, it's been a while we have some sister time together", Avery gets out her phone and I groan. 

We take out a few pictures together and Avery posts them on her different social media apps.

"Avery and Avalon", the cashier says.

We go for our smoothies, I take mine and  Avery takes hers.

"Thank you", I smile at him, his name tag is Nathan.

"No problem Avalon, I saw you play soccer on TV."

"You have?"

He nods, "I hope you make it to the championship this year."

"Thanks."

"Anytime."

We leave.

"Someone likes you", Avery teases.

"Whatever."

"It's true, check your cup."

I turn my cup and see a number under my name.

Avery laughs, "I'm right."

"I'm not interested", I drink the smoothie.

"You're hopeless.", she shakes her head.

3 hours later

"Bye, I'll be back later", I say as Bryce pulls up in front of the house.

"Be careful", dad waves me off, a game is going on, Avery is in her room.

I get into the front seat of Bryce's car, "where are we going to practice?"

"School is the safest and most private place, we have permission for the principal", he replies.

"I see."

When we arrive at school we went around the building and onto the field, it has been over a week since I step onto this soil.

I sit on the bench and take my pair of thugs out of my bag, I take off my shoes and put on the thugs.

"I'll go warm-up", I tell Bryce and start on my laps, he joins me two minutes later.

"What new play do you have in mind?" I ask him as we jog.

"I have written down a few for you to watch over and tell me what you think, you can even change up things if you want", he offers and I nod.

I like this newfound partnership, we will win the championship for sure.

After warming up, Bryce hands me a notebook, "it's my playbook I made, coach will not entrust me with the real one he has", he chuckles.

I nod and sit down on the bench opening the book.

After I look through the different strategies and made a few changes, we begin to practice.

"Come on West, take the ball from me", Bryce laughs as he keeps dodging me every time I try to take the ball, I glare at him.

I take the ball successfully and practice on my scoring for goals, maybe Jesse should have been here so I really get the practice in and he can practice as well.

"Hey I just called Jesse, he'll be here in about fifteen minutes", Bryce informs me.

"Oh."

"Whatever issues you have get it to resolve before school reopens next week", he says.

I nod.

***

"Hey, Ava", Jesse waves as he comes unto the field.

"Hey, how's Alexa?"

He smiles, "she's good, we're going on our first date on Tuesday."

"That's nice, good luck", I say although I'm hurt inside, I thought he was interested in me? I guess not.

"Thanks, so I heard you are working on your skills, I'll go in the goal post", he puts down his bag and goes to the goal post.

"Are you happy now?" Bryce asks.

"About Jesse being here? Yeah, I guess", I shrug.

"Are you comfortable?"

I nod, "I'll be fine, he's happy and that's all that matters to me."

"What about your happiness?"

I frown, what about my happiness? He's right, my happiness does matter as well.

__________________

Don't forget to vote.