Concern or Pity? (EP. 8)

"I will not stay away from her," I sternly said and left for my room.

I will not stay away from anything that involves y/n. I never will. I have a habit. When someone tells me not to do something, I will do it, and I want to do it. They are themselves triggering my feelings towards her. 

Time skip

I was still in my room. I know mom would be worried but I don't want to get out. I was lying on the bed silently thinking about my reactions in the morning. 

Why did I get mad? Why should I feel so connected to her? I don't even talk with her smoothly but I got mad at my own parents for her. I don't know what's going on with me.

Time skip - evening

I packed my things as I went downstairs. Mom was sitting on the couch watching TV.

I went near her. "Mom, I'm leaving," I Informed. "Oh Taehyung ah? Why are you leaving now? You can go tomorrow morning" she replied. "No mom, I want to go back now" I smiled. 

"Taehyung ah… I know you're upset and you know? I'm happy that you're moving on from her instead of being stuck in the past. But what concerns me was, there is some reason that dad is telling you to stay away from her Taehyung. I'm afraid that you will get hurt again, I don't want you to go through the pain as before." She was worried. 

"Mom, it's not like you think. I just wanted to help her. Nothing more." I replied. "Oh.. that's why you came back with those red puffy eyes? And looked deadly worried?" She asked me. "No mom, it's just…uh" I can't answer. I don't know. "Taehyung ah, I know you and see, whatever your decision is, I will be by your side." She spoke. 

"Thanks mom, Saranghae" (Saranghae= I love you)  I hugged her. "Naadu saranghae Taehyung ah" (I love you too) she hugged back. "bye mom" I pulled away. "Bye Taehyung ah be careful" she uttered "Okay mom" I waved and left the house. 

I told the driver to go to the hospital before going to the college. I want to see her. He parked the car inside the hospital building. 

I went straight to her room. I opened the door softly and I saw her lying on the bed. I walked towards her. Where does Varun go? I stood beside her bed. She opened her eyes slowly.

Y/n' s POV:

I was lying on the bed. I felt something was moving near me. I opened my eyes slowly. I saw someone standing. I thought it was Varun but it's Taehyung? It's so surprising and happy to see him. I didn't know I was waiting to see him.

"Y/n" he softly uttered. "Taehyung," I faintly called. "How are you now?" He asked, gazing into my eyes. "Feeling better" I answered, staring back into his eyes. He smiled. 

It was the first time seeing him smiling, a pure smile, it's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life. The smile is so beautiful on him. "Thank you," I said. "For what?" He raised his brows a bit. "For saving me" I replied. He shook his head smiling "Don't mention it," he smiled again. I smiled back. 

He sat on the chair beside my bed. He just stared at me in silence and so did I.

I feel so safe right now. The fact that he is right beside me makes me feel so secure and safe. 

His gaze trailed to my hand which was resting on the mattress. I stared at both him and my hand. He slowly brought his hand to mine. My heartbeat is speeding up. 

His hand came closer to mine but just then the door opened. We looked at the door.

"Hey Taehyung," Varun walked towards us. Taehyung cleared his throat "Hi Varun" He replied. "When did you come?" Varun asked. "Umm… before a little while," he answered as he stood up from the chair. "Oh.. I see" Varun nodded "Uh… I'll be out, you guys continue" he added.

"Huh.. no I- I'll get going now, Dorm will be closed soon" Taehyung replied. My mood went off knowing that he is leaving. What's strange in my emotions? I wanted him to be with me. I wanted to be in his care. He turned to look at me "Y/n.. take care, bye" he uttered. I smiled "Okay, bye" only my lips said. He smiled back.

"Bye Varun, take care of her" he said to Varun. My heart fluttered at his words as my lips curved up. My gaze trailed on him until he reached the door but turned his head and looked at me one last time before leaving. 

Varun looked at me, turning his head from the door to me. He smirked. "What's with that smirk?" I frowned "Kuch nahi" (Nothing) he shook his head. "Come on, tell me idiot" I asked.

"Okay okay.. Well, Taehyung was so concerned about you and you also seemed less stressed around him, you know?" He shrugged his shoulders. "Hey, it- it's just… you know..uh.." what the fuck? Why am I stuttering? 

"Okay okay, don't think for an answer" he giggled. "What? No." I said but actually I was thinking. Hehe.

"But Y/n, seriously he is concerned about you. When you were in treatment he was so worried and I even saw tears in his eyes and…  you know what? He paid the bill too." He explained. My heart skipped a beat. He cried? For me? And paid the bill? Really? He was the one who cried for me besides Varun.

"He called me yesterday night, and asked why you were taken by police officers. He said he can help us if we are in trouble." He added. "Did you tell him?" I questioned.

"Umm.. not in detail, I told him about your parents and you're the one who can help the police to unlock the evidence that they are handling right now." He answered. "So he knows about my parents?" I questioned. "Yeah" he replied.

I just laid silently. Is he pitying me or was he really concerned about me? I can't help but doubt his actions now.

TO BE CONTINUED-

What do you think?