Commemoration Day (EP. 12)

"Uh… Tae..hyung?" I don't really know why I chose his name.

Confused and nervous, I waited for him to reply. Jimin smirked happily.

Why is he smirking? Did I really screw up?

Taehyung smiled widely, showing all his teeth looking down at his bowl. Varun smirked at me giving an amused look, pushing his tongue on his inner cheeks.

Jimin leaned on the chair crossing his arms on his chest. "Am I wrong?" I impatiently ask. "Uh.. what do you think Taehyung?" He asked him.

Why the hell is he doing this?!

"Uh.. I think she is right. What about the actual answer?" He glanced at me. "Hm, I see."  Jimin put his hands on the table and stared at me while I desperately waited for his answer."Wrong!" FUCK!

I tightly closed my eyes and hung my head low. I didn't dare to look up at their faces, not right now. They all laughed. "Shit. shit. shit" I mumbled. "Wow.. Y/n chose Taehyung over Varun '' Jimin giggled. He really knows how to play the situation wisely. No, just look at him how proud he was right now.

"Hey, I just guessed it, because I thought that you would ask about Taehyung since he was your friend." I argued but what a lame answer. Even my ears are not laughing at me.

"Okay okay. We are believing" Jimin mocked. Varun joined him giggling. Running outta words I just rolled my eyes. What surprised me was Taehyung went silent. I looked at him, he was just…

Smiling

quietly and eating. His feature's gestures seemed happy. My lips curved at the sight of expression as my heart filled with something that I can't even put into words.

Taehyung's POV:

"Come on, say it already," Jimin whined. I gazed at her hoping that she would choose me. I don't know why but it felt like she was choosing her boyfriend now. "Uh… Tae..hyung?" she uttered, making my heart skip a beat. A smile spread on my lips widely.

Jimin leaned on the chair crossing his arms on his chest. "Am I wrong?" She blinked, her eyes were purely innocent and I can see how nervous she was. "Uh.. what do you think Taehyung?" I didn't expect Jimin to play like this over this simple situation.

God, he is really something. "Uh.. I think she is right. What about the actual answer?" I glanced at her. "Hm, I see."  Jimin put his hands on the table and stared at her while she bit her lower lips unconsciously waiting for his answer."Wrong!" WOW!

I turned again to y/n, to see how she was gonna react. She put her head down as mumbling something, probably cursing under her breath.

She looked cute when she was embarrassed. I can't help but smile. Ouch! My heart! Smiling like an idiot, I continued to dig in while Varun and Jimin were mocking her.

After eating our lunch we went back to the class. This time I let her sit with Varun, I didn't want to cling. It felt like we were friends for years. An unexpected connection between us, it really warmed my heart.

[Next Day]

I woke up as usual to the alarm. Grabbing my phone unlocked to go through the notifications, but my eyes caught something which managed to send a sudden pain to my heart. My eyes felt heavy at the emotions. 

Today was the day she left me, Forever. Tears welled up in my eyes. I bit my lips and put my phone down. I slowly dragged my feet to the bathroom.

I pushed it to open but it won't budge. It's locked. "Coming man!" Jimin yelled from the other side. I simply waited there, in front of the bathroom door hanging my head low.

Jimin came out, I didn't even bother to glance at him. I went inside the bathroom mindlessly. "Taehyung ah? What happened?" Jimin asked. "Nothing," I shook my head, still gazing down. I was about to close the door but he stopped.

"Taehyung, why are you like this?" He didn't let me go. I sighed and looked up at him. "It's Jeny's memorial day," I let out.

His eyes softened before he took a deep breath, "I know that this is really heartbreaking for you But.. Please take comfort in the fact that she really wanted you to be happy, didn't she? Everything's gonna be alright, I'm sure of it." His voice said nothing but pure comfort.

I smiled sadly and closed the door. I washed up and came out of the bathroom. Jimin was brushing his hair. I took out some pants and shirt mindlessly.

Suddenly I halted my actions when my eyes found what shirt I was wearing. Completely speechless, nothing is moving. I stood still while tears alone made their way down on my cheeks. I wiped the tears and slipped my pants up.

It was the shirt she presented me before she left forever. I brushed my hair and looked at the mirror. I stared at the shirt again mindlessly. I sighed heavily. Swallowing my sorrows, I acted according to reality as I walked out with Jimin.

While walking, "Jimin, you go, have breakfast. I'm not hungry." I announced. "What? Taehyung, don't do this to yourself." Jimin refused to let me be. "No, Jimin-ah I can't eat. You know me very well." I uttered, he sighed and gave up. "Fine, see you in the class."

Jimin went to the cafeteria while I made my way to the place where I can be privately. I'm not in the mood to attend the class. I pushed the door open slowly. No one was here. I went inside and sat on the old chair.

Y/n's POV:

I woke up to the alarm. I barely slept yesterday night. My thoughts were filled with the sweet and horrible memories of my parents and my family. Today was my parents and family's memorial day. It's been one whole year. I still couldn't accept the fact that they were gone, gone forever. 

Yesterday night was so hard, I had a panic attack again. And it took a while to calm down as I couldn't control myself from crying. I cried and cried until I slept without even knowing.

After getting ready, I called Varun.

"Hey y/n! Ready?"

He asked in his usual cheerful voice which never missed to bring a smile to my lips.

"Yeah.. but Varun.. you go to the cafeteria. I'm not hungry"

"Kya? Kya hua y/n?"
(What? What happened?)

"Kuch nahi varun, just not hungry"

"Y/n, I know you very well. Tell me what's wrong."

"Um.. today is my parents memorial day"

"Y/n, please don't do this to you. I'm with you y/n please, eat at least for me"

"Varun.. I know you're with me. And I don't think I can compensate for what you did for me. I'm always thankful for it. I just can't eat right now."

"Y/n, don't be so emotional. Come on, you have to eat at least for your stomach"

"Please Varun, don't force me. it's just breakfast, it will not hurt."  I can hear him sighing.

"Fine,"

I hung up the phone and went to the old music room which I always used to. I slowly opened the door.

I saw someone lying on the piano. He wore a light green shirt and black jeans. I heard him sniffing. I entered inside and closed the door behind. He sat up by the door sound.

Taehyung?

:(