Chapter 33

Lizzie's pov 

Alyssa, who I'm sure has been receiving many physical combat lessons like all the other witches in the school, manages to knock Rafael unconscious by using only her fists. The witches cheer loudly for her, and she takes a dramatic bow.

I jump in surprise when I hear a loud snap. I whirl around, and see that Kaleb is lying dead on the gymnasium floor. His neck has been broken by Jed, who basks in the applause of his werewolf pack.

No... This is all wrong. The fact that the teachers are idly watching by when a student has just been killed- granted, Kaleb isn't actually dead, but still! This isn't what the Salvatore School is supposed to be like.

With the snap of her fingers, Alyssa manages to get MG back onto the ground safely.

"She's all yours, boys," Alyssa smiles, as she gives the excited crowd one last bow.

Jed and MG are the least of my worries right now, considering the current state of the world.

Unfortunately, they end up on the number one spot of my priority list, seeing as- well, they're literally five feet away from snapping my neck.

Reminding myself that I managed to survive numerous encounters with Klaus Mikaelson, Katherine Pierce, and Hayley Marshall, I flex my fingers and give a little smile.

"Gentlemen first," I nod to them.

Jed comes at me first. He leaps up in the air, then falls down towards me with his leg stretched out as if he's aiming a kick at me. I simply step to the side, and he crashes onto the ground, bringing about a laugh from the students.

"Sispann La Agrese," I say.

An unused chair launches itself at Jed's head. Jed, who had just managed to get back up from the ground, is knocked straight back down again.

"Immobilus," I add, causing Jed to freeze in place.

MG rushes towards me with his fangs bared. This time, instead of using magic, I decide to test out my vampire capabilities.

I zip off towards the side, then double back to kick MG across the back. However, instead of falling, as I was hoping him to, MG simply stumbles forward a few paces. After that, it's just a whirlwind of motions. I try my best to block the kicks and punches that are thrown my way, whilst letting out a couple of my own attacks, as well.

"Since when," I pant, "Were you so good at fighting?"

I quickly duck as MG aims a punch at my head. He just lets out a laugh- not a cruel or an amused laugh, like the ones I've gotten so used to hearing from my opponents, but a genuine one. It's as if he's just enjoying spending time with me.

"Getting tired?" he asks.

"Not a chance, nerd boy," I snarl, as I grab his wrist and twist it around his back.

MG kicks me off of him, then grins.

"Nerd boy? Is that really the best insult you've got?" he says, faking a look of shock and horror.

"It's not my fault! This stupid fight is making me use up all the brainpower I have!" I insist, as I literally bend over backwards to avoid his foot from flying into my face.

"MG!" Alyssa shrieks like a banshee. "Stop flirting around, and just kill her already!" she spits out.

"Right," MG nods, as if just remembering, "Sorry about this, Liz."

MG reaches for my head, as if to snap my neck in two. It's a stupid move, because he's leaving his side all open for me to attack. I could easily dart around him and land a good hit to his stomach...