22 - Hasty Decisions

Kaiden

My bedroom looks like a tornado has ravaged it.

"Kaiden, you still have to apply eyeliner on me!" Raven says, her hair in a curling iron.

"Fuck, where's my other stiletto?" Bella shouts, tossing the various shirts from the floor on the bed.

"Move over, Kaiden! You're hogging the mirror!" Daniel snaps, pushing me away.

"Ow, hey that could have messed up my whole look!" I shout, annoyed.

My hair just won't sit the way I want it to. After another ten minutes of blow drying, gelling and combing, it looks the exact kind of messy I prefer.

"For fuck's sake Kaiden, hurry up!" Raven snaps.

"Almost done! Just tell me what jacket will go with this shirt?"

She rolls her eyes for the hundredth time ever since we started getting ready. The other three went downstairs already to wait with Aaron.

"Just throw something on, we're not going to a runway, we're going partying with people you have spent half your life with!"

I flip her off, settling on a bottle green bomber. Throwing one last look at the mirror, I grab my phone and run downstairs.

The bell chimes and Nathan walks in.

He's holding a suit, in its bag. His hair fall messily on his forehead like always. He's wearing a red tshirt and black joggers, with his Doc Martens. He meets my gaze and I feel warm inside, but I turn away.

He probably walked here in his bruised state. The thought makes guilt pool in my gut. Shit, I should have stayed back and got him home with me. But I don't trust myself to be alone with him lest I do something stupid like kiss him again.

"You can put that in the hallway cupboard for now," I tell Shailene when she takes the suit from Nathan.

"Selfie time!" Bella cheers.

Aaron, being the tallest, is our selfie stick. Raven calls Nathan to join us in the pictures. He stands next to me, smiling. We manage two to three decent pictures where I don't look like I have my butt plugged.

Soon, we're out and on our way to the party. Nathan rides shotgun with me, Raven and Aaron in the back. Daniel, Ryan, Alex and Bella went in Ryan's car.

As expected, Calum has gone all out for the party. The seniors and juniors are here, having a fun time. The music is loud and upbeat. The team cheers when Max and Nathan enter.

"To the star of the night!" Alex yells.

Calum and Luke walk to Nathan, and for a second I think he's going to be doused in punch. They suddenly hoist him on their shoulders.

"GO Wolves!"

Everyone cheers, the cheerleaders chanting our motto. Nathan beams, waving at us. He looks radiant. I just hope they don't move him around too much, he took a nasty fall. They put him down and he hi-fives Ryan.

Calum hands us all shots. I down them quickly, then a second, third and a fourth. Max grabs my hands when I down the fifth.

"Easy there tiger!" he mumbles.

I nod and walk off, finding Raven. She smiles when I plant a kiss on her cheeks.

"Are you buzzed already?" She asks.

"Not yet but I will be! I did five tequila!"

"And you haven't eaten yet. Come on, the food looks amazing!" She tugs my hand, walking to the dining area.