38 - Confessions

Nathan

Kai has a beautiful smile on his face the whole day. I'm glad that for once, I'm  the reason for it. He is someone I may never get again in this life. The odds that he likes me are one in a million and this time, I want to make everything right.

No matter who tries to bring us apart, I'm not letting him go.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Raven asks, making me stop staring at him, during lunch. 

"Nothing," I smile. "Just thinking."

"Mm, you know you can tell me anything right? I'm always here to listen!"

"I know Raven. It's nothing, I promise."

"Did you get over your fight with Kai then? He seems in a better mood now. Although I think it's something to do with Sam too," she smiles, fondly looking over to him.

"Yeah, you know us, always butting heads over the smallest things," I shrug. "We've been normal with each other since, well, since the game."

"What happened over the weekend? I mean, you didn't seem to take the news about him and Sam too well."

My cheeks heat up in embarassment and guilt. She doesn't know anything. She would break when she finds out but she deserves honesty. From Kai at least, since he's known her longer. But I'll have to ask him if he's ready. He will probably kill me if I tell her without warning him first.

"Yeah, well, me and Sam... have a rough past. I know Sam and he can be awfully manipulative when he wants to be. I guess I didn't want Kai to be... hurt in any way."

"Aw, that's sweet of you. Kai was in two minds about Sam too. I thought their fling was over for a while. But then on Halloween, I found out they were still messing around. Kai hadn't told anyone of us about it, because Daniel hates anything Westbrook with a passion and well, because I was afraid Kai would get attached and get his heart broken."

"So you, Ryan and Bella knew about them this whole time?"

A slight cold feeling clutches my heart.

"Yeah, you do know how it started right? Sasha found them kissing in a cctv footage from her party. So everyone pretty much knew from day one."

Except me.

"Oh. Did he tell you why he chose to... continue their accidental situation?"

She shakes her head, her long brown hair bouncing.

"I think Kai likes Sam more than he lets on. However, he's holding back because Sam wants to keep things a secret."

I sip on my soda, contemplating her words.

"It's more confusing because Kai mentioned he liked someone else too," she says.

Bella looks at us both questioningly but Raven just smiles, shaking her head.

"He is crushing on someone else. He hasn't told me who it is yet. I think Sam made him get over that crush. We were all so surprised when he told us that he was into guys. He's literally never taken an interest in any guy except..."

She trails off and her expression morphs into something unreadable.

"Raven?"

Her eyes widen and jaw hangs open.