Awaken, Crimson Dragon

Speed Counter Total: 4

Life Points: Jack Atlas/1900   Yusei Fudo/3000

[3rd POV]

The duel raged on, and it wasn't looking good. Yusei had only Junk Warrior on his field, with hardly any facedown cards, and Jack had all the advantages. At his command was Red Dragon Archfiend and Stardust Dragon ready to utterly destroy his old friend. (Y/N) was still watching from the stands, but he was struggling mentally with his psychic powers. Something inside him wanted to come out. It was calling out to his dragons, and it wasn't helping that his dragons were responding to it. His right forearm was also starting to hurt a little bit and he couldn't rationalize why.

Jack: "When I offered to give you back your precious Stardust Dragon. You should've just taken it and run back home to the Satellite, but no! You just had to prove that you could hold your own against the Master of Faster!"

Yusei: "I'm going to do more than hold my own, Jack."

(Y/N): 'He's got guts to say that with two dragons breathing down his neck. Can he back it up?'

Yusei: "It's my turn!"

Speed Counter Total: 5

Yusei: "I summon Shield Warrior in defense mode."

Shield Warrior: DEF/1600

A portal opens up and a warrior jumps forth armed with a long shield and pike. He pulled the pike back behind his back as his shield is faced towards the dragons ready to defend Yusei. Shield Warrior turned his head towards Yusei nodding in confidence. Yusei glanced over and nodded in return. (Y/N) watched the interaction bringing a smile to his hidden face but was soon replaced with a pained frown as his eyes shot wide open. His dragons began to roar more fiercely from within his holster. He crouched down as the pain on his arm was growing. He never had an experience like this before, and never had his dragons tried to force their way out. His eyes continued to glow blue as he slowly was losing control of his powers, but the duel was nowhere near done. 

Yusei: "And next I switch Junk Warrior into defense mode. Now with that done, I'm placing one card facedown."

Junk Warrior brought its arms up to protect his duelist. Its body changed to a blueish hue in response to going on the defensive. Yusei's newly placed facedown card materialized into existence next to his runner before becoming invisible to ensure its anonymous nature. 

Yusei: "It's your move, old buddy." 

(Y/N): 'Smart move. Play it safe until you can make the big move to change the tide.'

Jack: *laughs* "Leaving both of your monsters in defense mode?! You gotta get aggressive if you want to win! But then again, I shouldn't be surprised. You never were much of a fighter."