🎀 27 🎀

before the child could back away or think about collecting the blonde doll that had fallen to the floor, mark jumped forwards, ignoring his sprained ankle.

at the horrific sight of mark jumping on him, the blonde kid screamed in fear and ran away, leaving the pink-haired doll alone to face the dangerous monster that mark had become.

"d-donghyuck..." mark started crying again, lying down on his stomach on the wet pavement as his tears mixed with the raindrops. "donghyuck..."

mark took the doll in his hands, holding it very carefully, as if it was made of fragile porcelain.

the miserable boy stood up, his eyes never leaving the precious doll that he held between his palms.

"d-donghyuck, please, transform..." mark said between sobs.

he waited for long seconds, looking at the plastic doll in his hands.

but nothing happened.

the doll didn't move.

"DONGHYUCK!!" mark yelled as more tears fell from his eyes.

but still nothing.

"I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME, DONGHYUCK!" he tried again, shaking the doll, to no avail.

"P-PLEASE, DONGHYUCK!!" mark had caught the attention of all the people around. but he didn't care. he didn't care about anything at that point.

he just wanted his donghyuck back. he just wanted his happiness back. he just wanted his lover back.

"D-DONG...HYUCK..."

mark refused to believe what the people looking at him were thinking.

he didn't need to look at their horrified stares to understand they thought he was mad.

mark couldn't believe it. he wasn't mad.

donghyuck hadn't been created by his imagination. he was real.

he had met maria, he had met his mother, he had met sungchan, he had met his friends...

donghyuck was real. he wasn't mad.

"d-donghyuck..." mark fell to his knees, all of his strength leaving his body. the sudden change of position made the doll fall back on the concrete, and mark didn't try to hold it again. he couldn't bear it anymore...

the poor boy was so broken that he hadn't realised that the doll he was holding wasn't even his haechan... his donghyuck...

it was just a lifeless blonde female doll, whose hair had been cut.

but not the beautiful angel trapped in the body of a doll that mark had fallen for...

he cried louder and louder, his dirty hands reaching for his eyes.

the rain was pouring on him but all mark felt was needles piercing his flesh.

he felt like dying. he felt worse than ever. as if his reason to live had disappeared, because it had. mark had to face it. donghyuck was not here anymore.

"m-mark..."

mark's whole world stopped as the sound of this familiar voice.

as much as he wanted to, he couldn't believe it was real.

donghyuck had abandoned him.

this was just a dream, or a nightmare.

this wasn't real. he had gone mad, for real.