-5-

It's gonna get juicy for a bit in this chapter 😉

Hope you'll like it!

Also remember I'm updating every Tuesday and Friday so stay tuned <3

~~~

Alcrais P.O.V

"Welcome to Bread Palace, what can I get you ma'am?", I asked the elder woman in front of me, she's scanning the aisle for sometimes and points to Garlic Bread.

"Can I get those two?", And I nodded grabbing the wrappers and the tongs I grab two garlic bread for the old lady.

"Anything else ma'am?", I asked then she pointed into a red velvet cupcake I grab another wrapper and put the cupcake in. After that the lady paid for her orders and I give her a small smile. I suddenly remember my Granny, she died 3 years ago and she used to be my favorite person ever. Like she always spoiled me whenever I visit her house, making me my favorite food ever  which is the Granny Chicken Alfredo.

"Al can you help me back here for a second?", I heard Rosé called me from the pantry and seeing I don't have any customer at the moment I make my way to the pantry. Rosé is the owner of this bakery, she's 30 but she looks like she's fresh off high school. She dyed her black hair to pink a week ago and I gotta say it definitely makes her look even younger now.

I see bunch of green ball shaped thing with shredded coconut on top of each balls on a tray in front of her.

"I need you to taste this and give me your input and thoughts on it.", She said enthusiastically, I nodded. She likes to try and make new cakes or bread variants everyday when she's not busy and she always invited me and my other coworkers to taste her creation.

I pick up the ball shaped thing and it's quite sticky and slimy.

"Wait!", Rosé said as I'm about to put it in my mouth. "You need to put the whole thing in your mouth before chewing it.", She advised I give her a confusion look but do what she says and I understand why now. As soon as I chew on it, its inside squirt out in my mouth. It's brown sugar! and I gotta say it's a pretty unique tasting sweet treat.

"Wow, that's so good!", I exclaimed when I'm done chewing and she beamed.

"Yesss! I got the recipe right!", I put another one in my mouth, the brown sugar and the shredded coconut giving it a contrasting taste which strangely balance each other also the mochi feeling skin is easy to chew.

"What's this recipe?", I asked.

She smiles, "It's a recipe from my grandma, it's called Klepon, it's from Indonesia. I used to eat this when I was younger, she would come and visit us then make this sweet treat!", I responded with "ahhh" afterwards then I hear the front door open signaling new customer, I excuse myself and go back to the counter and met with familiar brown eyes.

Mother.

My eyes widen at the sudden encounter of her, I really don't want to look at her. I look around for Jose but he's nowhere to be found. I just remembered he called in sick today. That fucker!

I tried to calm myself and cleared my throat before acting formally.

"Welcome to Bread Palace, what can I get you... Ma'am?", I trailed off giving her a tight smile. What's her deal coming her anyway? I hope just to buy some bread or cookies cause I don't want any of her bullshit and reasoning.

"Sweetie Alcrais it's me? You work here now?", She asked I'm currently fighting the urge to leave the counter and go back to the pantry area.

"Have decided what you want to choose?", I continue ignoring her question.

"I- Alcrais can we talk after this? Please sweetheart", she plead but I'm not buying that bullshit at all. She could've done that 2 years ago when she left me with the asshole so called father.

"You're holding the lines ma'am!", Even though there's no one else behind her.

She reaches for my hand on the counter but I immediately scoot away from her. "Sweetie please?", I really wanna tell her to fuck off but I'm in anger management phase now.

"Is everything alright here?", suddenly Rosé appears from behind me. I look at her as she looks at me and my so called mother.

"she's the so called mother I told you about...", I whispered to her and she seems to get my hint and stand in front of my mother.

"Is there anything you want to buy, ma'am?", Asked Rosé crossing her hands on her chest.

"I would like to talk in private with my son, please don't interfere us..", the lady said, like hell I'd want to talk to her after all her bullshit.

"It's a bakery ma'am.", she said sternly and I silently thanked her. "Besides he's my employee and his shift is not over yet so please don't distract him doing his job here!", she pressed and my so called mother look taken back by Rosé answers.

"Is that how you treat your customers?", Evelyn spatted.

"Oh is leaving your son because he's gay is what a mother should do?", Rosé retorted back and Evelyn was shocked at that, I see her clenching her fist but Rosé remains unbothered.

"It's wrong! It's inhumane! I come here to get him back and fix him with my new family!", She shouted and Rosé just let out a dry laugh.

"The only thing that's inhumane is you here! Maybe you should try and fix your attitude first!", Rosé spat. "Also please step out of my store I do not tolerate homophobes, you're clearly harassing my employee and I could call a police for that reason!", Evelyn gets annoyed by it clearly.

She deserves!

"Whatever! Go to hell Alcrais! Also hope your store stays empty, stupid slut!", Evelyn screamed like a Karen she is.

"The only one that's going to hell is you for being irresponsible mother and my other three stores are doing just fine, please don't comeback!", Rosé said angrily then Evelyn goes out the door leaving us two.

I come closer at Rosé and hug her and she hugs me back. We stayed like that for a minute or so. She gives me a smile then said, "Please know that you're loved by me okay? And always welcomed if you want to talk or stay with me.", I give her another smile and muttered "thank you, Rosé."

With that she goes back to the pantry and comeback with bunch of Gingerbread and Choco lava to be restocked as I greet a new customer that's just walk into the store. I was met with a familiar curly black haired guy. I see him smirk at my way and I just sigh.

Rafael Sandoval.

~~~

I hope Evelyn would leave him alone!!

Also Rafael.. Rafael.. 👀 he's everywhere in Alcrais life

If you enjoy this part, a vote would be more than amazing!

Thx