Chapter 23

Caleb

"DEAN!!"

I turn away from Dean towards the direction I heard the screams. I heard screams of horror from our pack. I and Dean instantly run back to the party as fast as we could.

With my speed I was able to beat Dean there, we were under attack! There were rogue wolves everywhere. Our Warriors were fighting back but we were outnumbered. I heard Dean behind me and he instantly transformed into his wolf. I tried to transform too but I was blocked off by Joshua.

"Caleb no! Please gather the people and head to the pack house." Joshua's mind linked me.

"No, I can help! We're losing, my pack needs me." I angrily shouted.

"Yes, your pack does need you! They need you to get them to safety and to protect them. They're elderly and children who cannot fight! Please Caleb help them to safety and protect them." Joshua said convincing me to help get our pack members to safety.

"Okay," I said. I hugged him as tight as I could and breathed in his scent which always brought me comfort and made me feel safe. After a moment I let go and sprung into action. I saw Sean and Ivy covered in blood.

"Sean come on we have to lead the elderly
And the children to the pack house." I said in a rush.

Sean just stood there unmoving, seemingly dazed.

"Sean come on we have to hurry!" I said nudging him.

"Caleb, she's gone she's dead," Ivy said crying.

"We have to keep moving now! Many more will die if you guys don't get up and save them now! It's not the time to mourn, we have to save our pack!" I yelled catching both of their attention.

Another second passed before they too sprung into action. I looked around noticing a young boy crying over a dead body

"Mommy, mommy, we have to go, mommy please stop sleeping." The boy said crying.

"We have to hurry and go, do you know where more children are," I asked him holding in tears. I don't dare to tell him that his mom isn't sleeping but dead.

"Yes, I do." I and the kid found ten more kids. We found 5 elderly women and men. I led them to a passage in the woods that would take us to an underground entree to the pack house.

I led them in and told the adults and older children to sweep and lock any doors and windows. I stayed behind to wait for more members to come and go block the door for any rogues who could've picked up our scents and followed us here.

'Bang Bang Bang'

I felt my heart skip a beat, I look down at the children and put my finger over my lips.

"Caleb it's me Ivy I have more pack members" instant relief washed over me.

I opened the door to see Ivy with 25 more pack members. Scared men, women, and children stood before me. Some were covered in blood, some bleeding themselves.

"C'mon, quickly." I ushered them in and shut the door. I sent those who were able to help lock the place up.

"I've got to go back out there and see if I can rescue more. If someone knocks more or less than four times don't open it. I told Sean the same. He should be here shortly." Ivy said leaving back out the cellar door. I hurriedly lock the door back.

I head over to a man with an injured hand. "Are you okay? Is this the only wound you have?" I asked the man while I inspect the deep cut on his arm.

"No, this the only one, a wolf came out of nowhere and tried to bite my son's head off, I don't know what would've happened if I didn't cover my son with my arm." The man said in tears looking down at a small boy bringing my attention to him.

I again had to hold back the tears I wanted to shed and nodded my head. I leaned down and lick the wound, tasting the metallic taste of blood.

I looked up to gauge the means reaction which as expected was a shock. Before the man could ask why did I lick him he looked back down at his arm noticing the wound was now closed. The man's mouth became ajar gasping loudly

'Bang Bang Bang Bang.'

I rushed to the door opening it to Sean who had more than 30 members with him.

"C'mon, quickly I said ushering the new members in.

"Sean how is everything going what's going on out there," I asked Sean while closing and locking the door.

"I don't know what happened, one minute I was complaining to Jacob about Dean snatching you away from us and the next thing I knew rogues were appearing out of the woods attacking everyone. Joshua and Jacob started fighting back alongside the current alpha and other warriors." Sean said breaking into tears.

"I looked around for you and Dean or Ivy and Lucy, and that's when I noticed Ivy scream Dean's name, as a rogue attacked Lucy, I quickly changed to my wolf and killed the rogue. When I returned Ivy was fighting another rogue in her human form and I couldn't see Lucy anymore. I helped Ivy fight the rogue I changed back and she screamed she was dead. That's when you found me. She's dead Caleb. My sister is dead." Sean sobbed grabbing me.

Again I had to hold back tears and comfort my best friend. I can't believe Lucy is dead, This doesn't even seem real. I can't believe I started my day by waking up from a coma to my pack being destroyed.

'Moon Goddess help us

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

This chapter was ALOT

Was this chapter short? I'm sorry this chapter was short I wanted to do the next scene in someone else POV

I'm letting you know now two more characters will die.

Who POV of the fight scene do you want to read from

Dean

Joshua

Ivy

Let me know before tomorrow night.

anywhere thank you for reading, voting, and commenting ♥️♥️

-Queen