Chapter 25

Dean POV

"We have to follow her, the Rouges are retreating," I tell Josh in our mind link.

"Something doesn't feel right," Josh said barely audible before his wolf dropped to the ground.

I quickly transformed back into my human self to rush towards him. Before I could reach him I tripped.

I looked down to see my dad on the ground covered in blood seemingly dead. It was like my world shifted. I quickly hugged him checking for a pulse.

Once I don't feel it, l howled a blood-curdling howl, and memories arose of all the times we shared, both good and bad. How he used to play fight with me in the woods, or how he never missed a birthday or holiday even though he was busy.

Times when I would sit on his lap while he read me stories of great alphas of the past. When he watched me transform into my wolf for the first time, I was in so much pain and even though I could hear him over my screaming, his eye told me he was right there and everything was going to be okay.

I would love to say our good times outweighed our bad but that isn't true. But the good times were really good. No matter how terrible he was as a father, he was still my father.

I feel someone pulling at my shirt, when I looked up I saw Chris with Josh on his back and tears in his eyes. Chris is my best friend pretty much my whole life, he thought of my dad as his dad too.

"Can you stand or do you need me to carry you too?" Chris asked checking my body for any wounds.

"No, I can walk," I said standing up. I looked back down to where my dad's lifeless body lay.

"We will come back for him and all our dead members as soon as we get the surviving members to safety. We'll give him the honorable burial he deserves." Chris said clutching my shoulder.

If he could've given me a hug he would've but he has Josh on his back and Goddess knows how much he weighed.

"Yeah let's go," I said. Those rogues are going to pay.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Caleb POV

"Caleb something's wrong," Sean said standing next to me while I bandage a little girl's arm.

"Sean look around of course something is wrong," I said finishing up so I can help treat the next person.

"No, Caleb something is wrong, I can't feel him, I can't feel Jacob," Sean said while crying.

I stopped what I was doing and hugged Sean. His body shook in my grasp while hot tears stained my shirt.

"Sean it's okay, everything will be okay! It's probably your nerves getting to you. Jacob is a great Warrior, he'll be fine." I said finally calming Sean down, he was still shaking but not as violently.

"Coming through!" We heard Ivy yell as she carried a body and laid it on one of the available hospital beds.

I and Sean rushed over and saw Jacob covered in blood. Sean let out a scream and ran and hugged him.

"Goddess no! Please no! Please." Sean yelled while crying.

"Ivy, what happened out there?" I rushed to Ivy who had scars all over her.

"It had to be a sneak attack, the rogues were leaving and everyone just took a second to breathe and I heard him scream," Ivy said tears rushing down her face.

"He's alive but not for long unless I help him," Ivy said wiping tears from her eyes. She had a look of determination, one I had never seen before.

"What are you going to do? What do you need from me to help." I asked, ready to do anything to save my best friend mate. I have healing abilities but his injuries were too much for my capabilities. 

Jacob is the person who makes Sean smile the most, the person who calms him after an argument with his father, and the person who stands up for him rather in public or in private. Jacob didn't care if Sean was a male or female, once Jacob found out Sean was his mate he stood up in front of the whole pack and declared his love for Sean. He didn't care about the dirty looks he got from others and the harsh words he got from the alpha, I always wanted Dean to treat me like Jacob treated Sean.

"I need you to grab Sean and don't let him go, this isn't going to be pretty to watch and his instincts are going to want me to stop," Ivy said cutting a long cut across her hand.

"Ivy, are you sure you know what you're doing?" I asked worriedly.

"No, but no one else is going to lose their mate tonight," Ivy said staring me in the eyes.

I rushed to grab Sean who desperately fought to let go of Jacob.

"Sean let go, Ivy is going to save him, you have to let go," I said grabbing his face so he can listen to the words that I'm saying.

I finally got Sean to let Jacob go and I hugged him tightly. I watched as Ivy bring the knife to Jacob's chest and started cutting a deep cut into Jacob's heart.

"Ivy, what the hell are you doing?" Sean asked thrashing around in my arms.

I struggled to keep a grip on him but I didn't let him go. I don't know what Ivy is doing but the look in her eyes told me she is going to save Jacob's life.

I watched as Ivy dug her hand into Jacobs's chest and started chanting, her chants started as whispers, and soon there was this glowing purple light and a strong wind causing Sean to stop fighting me and gape at what was happening around us. Ivy's eyes changed to the same color purple that shined down on her.

"sanguine- guinea obsecro auxilium pro hoc pro tua," Ivy said over and over again louder each time until everything stood still.

Jacob sat up with a gasp at the same time Ivy fell to the ground, Sean rushed to check on Jacob while I checked up on Ivy.

I can still hear Ivy's heart beating but saw blood running down her nose and out of her eyes.

"Ivy. Ivy wakes up." I said grabbing Ivy and lightly slapping her cheek.

I saw her eyes move and she looked up at me, her irises were still purple and glowing.

"Did it work? Is Jacob okay?" Ivy asked in a raspy voice.

"Someone bring me water and a towel, yes Ivy Jacob is alive, are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?" I asked in a panic scanning her features to make sure she was okay.

"I saw her, she helped me save him," Ivy said in a whisper with a small smile on her face.

"Who Ivy? Who did you see?" I asked confused because no one in the room stood anywhere near Ivy while she was saving Jacob.

"Lucy" Ivy said falling back unconscious.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Aww, Lucy helped save her brother mate :'(

Anywhere, guys, this chapter is 1200 words, I don't even remember the last time I wrote a chapter this long but I was in a groove and didn't want to stop.

Y'all I had to learn how to write an action scene because if you haven't noticed I did not write a good fight scene in the last couple of chapters, I just couldn't paint the picture for you guys sorry lol.

But quick question, even though my friend told me she was able to
Get the hints at the begging of the book that Ivy and Lucy were mates did you guys get it?

Or were you thrown off guard by that information?

Please don't forget to like and comment. Let me know what you guys think and what you guys predict will happen when Joshua finds out his mate is dead.

-QUEEN ♥️🫶🏾