Chapter One

Roseo had just pulled up to Artemis' house, already dreading having to deal with all of them

Roseo had just pulled up to Artemis' house, already dreading having to deal with all of them. He laid his head backwards on the headrest and clenched his jaw before turning off his car. He stepped out of the car, and began to walk up the sidewalk to the porch. He begrudgingly knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer. Roseo willed himself to not run back to his car and drive away, but he needed Artemis to leave him alone.

"Aye! Mamacitas! You actually came!" Artemis shouted once he had opened the door, Roseo winced at the yelling.

"Yeah." Roseo made sure to make his voice monotonous to show Artemis that he didn't want to be there. Maybe Artemis would let him go home when he realized?

"Cmon in! The boys are already here, we're deciding on a movie to watch." Artemis was ecstatic that Roseo actually showed. Together they walked in, pausing for a moment to let Roseo take off his converse. After they were off they walked into the living room, Artemis took the space in-between two of the boys Roseo often saw Artemis with. Roseo thanked the Gods above for not having to sit by them and sat in the only open space left; a loveseat.

As the other boys fought on what movie to watch Roseo looked around the house. Artemis had never mentioned any parents or siblings, but the house looked fairly girly. Roseo didn't mind if Artemis was girly, but from the outfits he wore it didn't seem he was. There were a good amount of stuffed animals and colorful pillows and blankets around the living room, a bookshelf next to the tv with a lot of romance looking books, and a lot of plants everywhere. Especially pink tulips.

Few minutes passed with the boys trying to talk to Roseo, though he didn't respond. They ended up deciding on a horror movie Roseo hadn't heard of, "Us." There were already a variety of snacks and drinks on the coffee table in front of the couches, so they began to start the movie.

20 minutes in they heard creaking on the stairs behind them. Immediately the boys all were ready to "beat somebodies ass" if they needed to; Lord knew they couldn't do shit. (They really could, but couldn't do anything to Roseo.)

Around the corner of the stairs creeped a small girl with brown hair and eyes, a cute button nose, and faint freckles. She was wearing a green floral dress and a green cardigan, her breast length hair in braids. In her hands was a cute fluffy cow stuffed animal along with a light pink blanket. Roseo thought she was gorgeous, so gorgeous he held his breath when she when she had turned the corner.

"Mint! You scared me!" Artemis let out lightly, slightly laughing while walking towards her. Roseo didn't like that he got closer to her.

"I'm-m sorry, bub-by" Her voice was soft and smooth, like butter. Her voice was fairly quiet, the boys in the room had to slightly strain to hear it.

"It's okay, Minnie. Whatdidya need?" Artemis had sat down on the ground at this point since somehow while they were looking at her, Mint had sat down on the floor; holding tightly onto her stuffie and looking at the floorboards.