Chapter Six

All the boys had just gotten out of school and decided to hangout in the parking lot for awhile, Artemis didn't want to leave Mint even longer at home so he went back to the house to pick her up, promising to come back to everyone

Artemis and Mint showed up at the school again, Mint jumping out hurriedly wanting to see her Roseo.

Today she wore a white and yellow floral puff sleeve dress along with her hair in braids. From the garden in the backyard she had grabbed a couple flowers and put them in her braids, making the braid look even prettier.

She grabbed Artemis' hand and pulled him around the corner where they were at, she was about to run up to him when she saw a girl rubbing up on Roseo. She immediately froze, realizing that he had a girlfriend.

She couldn't believe this, he had a freaking girlfriend?!

She didn't know why she thought he could ever like her, his girlfriend was so much more prettier. Tears filled Mints eyes, she turned to Artemis who had seen what had happened and begged to go home, he said yes and told her to go wait in the car while he ran over to say they were leaving.

Mint vowed to herself to ignore him from that point on, to ensure she didn't upset Roseo's girlfriend.

When he had done that Artemis came to the car and drove her home. She immediately ran to the couch and fell face first, trying not to cry.

Artemis picked her head up and laid it on his chest.

"Whats wrong, little bug?" He asked softly,

"I d-don't kno-w! I didn-nt like se-eing h-him with an-nother girl, i-it hurts m-my ches-t!" Mint cried grabbing onto her brothers hand,

"Hmm, why don't you tell me what you feel about him and I'll diagnose you!" He said trying to cheer her up, she always loved playing doctor when she was little.

"We-well my tumm-my feels-s lik-e it h-has an-animals i-in it! A-and my h-heart rate-e pi-icks up a-and-" She started explaining as fast as she could,

"I've heard enough, little bug. I have a diagnosis, you have 'In Love Syndrome'! But no need to worry, its not contagious and you'll be just fine!" He stated patting her head. He continued to pat her head until she fell asleep.

Soon after she fell asleep Roseo showed up at the house and knocked on the door, Artemis walked over and opened the door slightly,

"Whats wrong with Mint? Where is she? Why didn't she stay?" He asked question after question,

"You fucked up asshole. Stay away from my sister if you're not going to be serious about her." That was the first time Roseo had heard him talk seriously, Roseo knew he couldn't take it lightly.