Chapter Five

After yesterdays incident, they played for awhile and went home

After yesterdays incident, they played for awhile and went home. Roseo told her he would be right back and told Mint to go up to bed.

He never came back.

Roseo was disappointed in himself. His job was way too important and dangerous to be acting like this to a girl, he needed to get a grip on himself.

So he pulled himself away from her. Multiple days in a row he ignored her never once giving into giving her attention, no matter how much he wanted to.

It was killing Mint. Everyday he ignored her she would cry herself to sleep. She needed to know why he was ignoring her.

Mint approached Roseo as he sat on the loveseat. Immediately he stood up and walked away.

"R-Rose-o! Can-n I ta-lk to yo-u?" She asked catching his hands from where they hung next his hip, looking up at him.

"Leave me alone, Mint! God, you're so annoying." He nearly yelled,

"O-oh, I'm sor-ry.." Mint said her eyes filling up with tears, letting go of his hand.

Mint sprinted up the stairs not minding her brother saying not to run. Roseo regretted his words, he didn't mean any of them.

God, why was he so stupid with her?

He went to go run up to her, but Artemis cut him off.

"Hey, mamacitas! I wanted to talk to you,"

"Uh, whats up? I was about to go see-"

"Mint, yeah, anyways. I wanted to ask why are you suddenly hanging around so much? I mean you hated the thought of even being 20 feet of-" Artemis began to ask,

"Because of Mint, now can I go?" He said honestly.

"Hah! I knew it! I was like 'woah why is he hanging around us now?', not that I mind. It's just unexpected!" Artemis started his rant,

"Artemis! Please for the love of God, will you let me go see Mint?!" Roseo yelled at Artemis. Artemis moved to the side and let him slide through.

Roseo ran up the stairs and walked to Mints pink door, listening through the door as she talked to her stuffed animal.

"Bombo-m, wha-t happened? Am I n-not Ros-eos baby anym-more? Does h-he not want-t me as h-his bab-y?" Mint cried to her stuffed animal, Roseos heart ached. Mint would always be his baby, whether she knew it or not.