CHAPTER 4

PSYCHOLOGY FACT:

"Alexithymia describes a person who has a difficult time expressing their feelings to others."

CHAPTER 4

CHAPTER 4

"Promise, I will visit you Kagro." Alex's sad voice shakes as he hugs his newly discovered friend, Kagro.

The toddler giant was named Kagro, they have been playing tag for hours, running around the wide area as the fogs vanish into thin amongst the figures of trees. Turns out the Kapre made it and now that their kid was playing with some toddler his age, they suddenly erased the thick fog. The surrounding was clean, no signs of logs or branches blocking the way, only dry leaves.

The two boys ran around, laughing their lungs out. They have been arguing for minutes, more like Alex throwing tantrums at Kagro for being naive and innocent. It didn't take half an hour when Alex realized that Kagro meant no harm and they just started conversing enthusiastically as if they are each other's long lost friend. Alex story-telling him about his world in the Palace and the big kid listening in awe and interest.

I was pushing them to sleep but the two seemed to have a load of energy in them and I just find them running around, playing their hearts out as if it's not midnight and a time to rest and sleep. I didn't sleep and just watched them as they ran around. Kagro would occasionally lift Alex weightlessly into the air, sometimes he would hang him on a tree branch. Every now and then their giggles would echo through the silence of the forest.

And now, after two hours we have to get back to travelling again as Barbarous seems to have regained his strength. The guy was now back on his feet as his haw-eyes scanned the surroundings. He looked at me then back to Alex who was tearing up as he bid goodbye to his found friend.

"I will be back to see you, Kagro. I will send a messenger here and give you letters—"

I instantly cut off Alex. "No, Alex. You can't do that." His eyes snapped at me, protesting in confusion. I sighed and said. "He'll be in danger. You are the King's little brother, you're movements are always monitored by the officials and you will be in a tight security once you returned and if you send him letters the officials will investigate about it and once they found out about the existence of Kapre the council will capture their kind, enslave them or experiment them or worse kill them all. I'm sorry but it is how it is. Your kind sees us as threats and abominations. We can't let ourselves be known to the werewolves."

His eyes saddened even more. "But my brother.."

"Your brother is the King, he was the one who ordered a search for all of the unknown kind there is and captured them."

"But he was only searching for his mate!"

"The wolves killed a lot of innocent lives just to search for his mate. We can't expose ourselves and our kind to the wolves or we will all die."