CHAPTER 19

ENJOY READING🍒📖

ENJOY READING🍒📖

CHAPTER 19

'Where are we heading?' For the tenth time, Lyla nags.

I huff, "To our mate"

'What?! Really? I thought we're running away?'

"Did we, now?" I asked in annoyance as I started marching towards the dense forest as the dried leaves scrunched under my clad foot.

'So you're really getting us to our mate?!'

"Yes!"

'What changed? You seemed so determined to run away and hide' she commented and I can't help but to get even more irritated at her.

"Just a minute ago you were pleading with me to accept our mate and now that I'm making my way to the kingdom you're questioning me?" I spat.

Honestly, I think about it deeply. I've contemplated everything and I came to this conclusion. Another couple of hours of procrastinating I finally made my choice. And it is to choose Lyla and our mate. Lyla is right. I have been running all my life and now is the right time to face everything. I can feel that my beloved parents wants me to face my terror. That I have to fight and stand up for myself. I needed this.

'Good choice... But, we have Barbarus you know'

I halted on my steps. Barbarus suddenly came into my mind. I felt stupid that I just aimlessly walked without a straight mind. I forgot I have Barbarus. Lyla snickers at my stupidity and I just rolled my eyes at her. "Barbarus!" I waited and Barbarus came in response all wet and muddy. "Where have you gone, Barbarus?"

'Lumina... ' the gruff solid voice of Barbarus replied in my head.

"Oh. How is she?" I asked and I hopped on his back.