8

"Delilah was Dom and Drew's older sister. She was 7 years older than Dom and was an omega. One day when she was 17 her and Dom were playing outside and rogues attacked them, but Delilah fought them off, essentially saving Dom. Unfortunately her injuries were too severe and she didn't survive. She always been a sore spot for Dom. Last time someone mentioned her he went down and killed all the rogues we had in the cellars. He gets blinded by rage, and not just to rogues. He takes it out on everyone," Eli explains as I just sit with silent tears streaming down my face, I can't tell if they're from anger, sadness, or guilt.
"Please leave," I say after curling up in a ball. Peter looks at Eli not wanting to leave, Eli just guides him out the door. I hear it click and let my sobs fall out. I spend the rest of the day laying on Dom's side of the bed inhaling his scent. It's the only thing that's keeping me sane. When I finally force myself to get up and go to the bathroom, I walk to the door and change the password, not wanting any intruders. After doing my business I lay back in bed returning to my nightmare.

1 MONTH TIME SKIP

It's been a month since Dom left. That first night he left I tried tracking him, but his scent disappeared the second I left the house. He must've covered his scent so I didn't get far. I began puking everyday. Eventually Peter had the pack doctor check me out, and he told me I'm pregnant. That made me even more depressed. I'll have to raise this baby on my own. Everyday since then I've just laid on his side of the bed until it lost his scent. After that I started wearing his clothes. Anything to feel like he's still with me. The rejection got to Jacob and he's almost died. I'm pulled from my thoughts when I hear a loud crash out in the living room, followed by my door swinging open. I see my mom and dad come rushing in.
"Peter just told us what happened, I'm so sorry you've had to go through this without us. We would have ended our vacation early if we knew this had happened," My mom exclaims as she takes in my weak appearance.
"When is the last time you ate?"
"The day he left. My body wont let me eat anything. It just comes back up," I explain defeated. My mom nods.
"You have no idea where he went?"
"No, I mentioned Delilah and all hell broke loose."
"Well have you checked the field where she was killed?"
"No," I say sitting up with an ounce of hope.
"Well there a clearing kind of far from here," She starts, holding my full attention. I listen carefully as she describes how to get to the field, then waste no time standing up.
"Oh Kyler, there's no way you'll make it. You're too weak. Any other wolf would've died by now, your just lucky your an alpha. Plus is it true your pregnant?" She asks looking down at my slightly bigger stomach, abs now gone.
"Mom, I have to," I plead rubbing my stomach. She takes that as a yes and must see my desperation because she just nods. I jump out the window and shift mid air, not bothering with my clothes. I start the two day trip Jacob dangerously weak. To be honest I wasn't 100% I'd shift, but Jacob must really want to find Dom because he somehow pushes through the pain and runs as fast as he can. I spend the whole day and half of the night running, following my mom's directions. My heart beats faster when I see a building. I push myself as fast as I can and I throw the door open and see Dom standing in a kitchen with wide eyes. I run to him and wrap my arm around him, and my legs around his waist, forcing him to set up cup down. I rub my nose on his exposed neck.
"Kyler please get off. How did you find me? Was it Eli?" I don't reply or let go, just find solace in his embrace. I feel Dom push my legs off his waist causing them to fall.
"You know we can't just go back to how we were before. I don't trust you," He tells me as my chest starts to hurt. My arms fall from his neck as he walks away. I follow him around unsure of what to do, and in awe that I actually found him.
"You look like shit, when's the last time you slept?"
"It's been a few days."
"Okay, why don't you sleep and then I'll make us some lunch or supper depending on when you wake up." I nod and walk over to the bed.
"Here," He says handing me a pair of his sweats. I slip them over my naked lower half leaving me shirtless. I lay down but don't take my eyes off of him. After almost ten minutes of not being able to fall asleep I finally ask.
"Will you lay with me?"
"No Kyler, go to sleep." Hearing him say my name instead of baby just breaks me even more. I just flip over not wanting him to see me cry and let the tears stream down my face. Nevertheless I somehow manage to fall asleep.

My eyes snap open and I frantically look around for Dom. When I don't see him I feel my eyes get wet.
'Did he leave me again?' I think to myself. I stand up and check through the little house, freaking out when I don't find him anywhere. I throw the front door open and run around the house like a chicken with it's head cut off. I finally see him cutting wood for the stove and I run to him, sobbing into his bare chest. He looks down at me confused, so I answered the unasked question.
"I thought you left," I sniffle out. For the first time since we've been reunited I see his eyes flash emotion, not his usual stoic look. This time he didn't force me off, but he didn't hug back.