III. Wedding Planning

Chapter 3, Wedding Planning
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I mean, what's the difference? "

~ Jaden's POV ~

I was rubbing my eyebrows considering they were burning from being plucked so much, I was at the Delmonicos since I wanted to be apart of the wedding plan.
So far we got the color theme, it was going to be red and white since they wanted a winter romance theme.

"Ooo, this is so pretty. That'll look gorgeous for when you're walking down the aisle."

Scarlett said as she pointed at the white carpet with red roses scattered all around, she was right.
It would look pretty when Alana walks down the aisle, Scarlett also has been texting the new girl.

"Jaden, white roses or red roses?"

Alana asked me, I looked at her and sighed trying to think of what should I say.
I didn't really see the difference between the roses, just the colors but that was all.

" I mean, what's the difference? "

I asked bluntly only for Scarlett to smack the back of my head, I looked at her with a sheepishly smile and rubbed the back of my head.
Scarlett chose for me and kissed the back of my head, I zoned out for the most part of the planning.

"Alright, Xiomara said we should come over to hang out. Want to come?"

Scarlett asked as she got up from the couch and walked to the counter to grab her car keys, I took a moment to decide before agreeing last minute.
We left the house after saying goodbye and drove to Xiomara's house, Xiomara didn't live where we lived.

She lived in the projects, I mean I don't care but she didn't typically seem like a person to live in the projects.
As we arrived, Scarlett was bursting with joy to see her new friend.

"Let's go!"

Scarlett exclaimed as she unbuckled her seatbelt and got out the car, I took my time though.
Once I got out of the car, I grabbed Scarlett's hand and we walked into the apartment building.

There was garbage around, graffiti all over the elevator doors and there were flies all around.
But the person we came to visit never seemed to represent herself that way, I didn't care for looks anyways.

"You know, what if she was going to murder us?"

I asked quietly as we entered the elevator, Scarlett hit my shoulder playfully and pressed the button of the floor Xiomara lived in.
Scarlett didn't even answer my question nor did she even acknowledge it, she just wanted to visit her new friend without any repercussions.

"Here is her floor, now for the door number.. look for door 516, it should be on our left."

Scarlett smiled as she grabbed my hand, dragging me to every door in sight until we got to the right one.
As we got there, we noticed the door was decorated as a fall season.

"Oh this is so pretty!"

Scarlett gushed, she had a look in her eye as if she fell in love with the decorations.
I don't understand Scarlett sometimes, this place screams danger but all she cares about is the decorations on the door.

I'm worried that we're going to get mugged but she didn't have a care in the world, that's what made us a great pair I hope.
Scarlett knocked on the door twice and waited silently, she looked at me occasionally and took a deep breath.

Soon the peephole moved and the locks were beginning to move, there stood a little girl about seven or eight.
She was possibly six at the least with a smile on her face, she waved as us only to be shooed by her grandma.

"lo siento pero no queremos unirnos a su iglesia."

(I'm sorry but we don't want to join your church.)

The older lady said in Spanish, thank God for being friends with Cora because I understood what the lady said to us.
I looked at her for a moment and shook my head with a smile, Scarlett looked like she was trying to think of the easiest way to say we're here for her granddaughter.

"estamos aquí por Xiomara."

(We're here for Xiomara.)

Scarlett replied nonchalantly as if she had just stopped world hunger, the older lady's face lit up at the hearing of her granddaughter's name and called her.
I heard footsteps approaching and here came Xiomara.

"What are y'all doing here? How did you even find out where I live?"

Xiomara asked as she moved aside to let us in, we were confused now.

"What do you mean, you sent us the address."

Scarlett answered as she showed her the messages, Xiomara sighed and her cheeks flushed a crimson red in embarrassment.

"Rosalía te voy a matar cuando se vayan!"

(Rosalía I'm going to kill you when they leave!)

Xiomara shouted, the same little girl from before poked her head out of her room and stuck her tongue out.

"Necesitas amigas, estas tan sola!"

The little girl who is known as Rosalía shouted back, before dispersing back into her room.

"Little siblings, am I right?"

"Yes."

"No."

Scarlett and I answered in unison as we laughed.

"Let's go to In N Out, we can hang out there."

I suggested, the girls agreed and soon we were in the car jamming out to Woman Like Me by Little Mix and Nicki Minaj.