XXIII. Stay Out Of My Life

Chapter 23, Stay Out Of My Life
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" When she breaks your heart again, you'll know exactly how I felt. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

After that night with Jaden, I didn't know if I should forgive Jaden or not.
But then again, he kissed his ex and then completely kept it to himself so I'm not gonna forgive him yet.

This week was flying by, it was already Friday which meant I was going to an abandoned carnival with Xiomara.
I was excited, I was so in my thoughts I didn't realize I had bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry, I should've looked at where I was going."

I apologized quickly as I helped the person collect their things, I looked up and noticed it was just Willow.

"Oh hey, Scarlett right?"

Willow asked, I looked at her in awe and nodded slowly.
I was starstruck, that's when she waved at me and began to walk away to go to her class.

"Hola Chica, I see you found yourself a new replacement."

Xiomara greeted as she hugged me, I looked at her and just as I was about to scold her, she raised her hands and said she was just joking.
I looked at her and smiled, I grabbed her hand and together we walked to Chemistry together.

As we entered the class, Jaden and Meredith were sitting together across from our table.
Xiomara and I rolled our eyes before we sat down and took out our notebook, today we were going to be dissecting a chicken foot.

"I like eating chicken, pero ahora no."

(But right now, no.)

Xiomara said as she gagged, I chuckled as she reluctantly grabbed the scalpel and began to do a small incision on the palm of the foot.
I looked over and saw Meredith laughing as Jaden struggled to cut the chicken foot open, soon they were both able to cut it open and they were onto the next task.

"Don't think of it too much, she's just practicing on how she's gonna cut his heart out for the second time."

Xiomara reminded me, I laughed with her as moved onto the next step.
By now, we were already almost done considering we started before them.

I was getting distracted at the fact Meredith had Jaden wrapped around her finger even if he didn't realize it, I was more than annoyed.
I was frustrated, I wanted to harm her, I wanted to make it known that Jaden is not her boyfriend, it doesn't matter.

I understand we broke up, but that doesn't mean he gets to move on fast.
He doesn't deserve to get with Meredith after the fact she ruined our relationship.

And he's feeding her the lies and toxicity, I didn't like it.
It wasn't fair, I wanted to march over there and-

"Scarlett!"

Xiomara shrieked, I looked down and saw I had accidently cut my hand.
The pain settled in and soon I was crying, the teacher cleaned the wound and wrapped guaze around it.

"Should've paid attention to your own chicken foot, this one's taken Scarlett."

Meredith stated, we both know she wasn't talking about the chicken feet but she was talking about Jaden.
Jaden looked up at me and sighed as he got up from his seat, he just gave in his paper and sat back down.

"You know what, you and Jaden are perfect for each other."

I glared at the two before grabbing my things and leaving the class room, I was being dramatic but someone had to be.
As I walked through the empty halls, Jaden left the class and ran over towards me, he grabbed my wrist and turned me around.

"What's your problem!?"

He asked me, I just pulled my wrist back and I watched as Meredith left the classroom along with Xiomara.
Forgive me for what I'm about to do, I just want Meredith to feel hurt and upset knowing she wants Jaden.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him down, I attached my lips to his and surprisingly he kissed back.
I looked behind him and watched Meredith run back inside, I pushed him away and glared at him.

" When she breaks your heart again, you'll know exactly how I felt. "

I whispered in his ear before turning around and walking to the girl's bathroom, I called Cora and asked if she could pick me up.
I told her I wasn't feeling well and that I might be sick, she said she would be there fast and then hung up.

"You're a petty girl, did you know that?"

Xiomara asked as she walked into the bathroom with a smirk on her face, I looked at her and rolled my eyes playfully.
We both agreed we would pretend we're sick and so I texted Cora, she agreed to pick us both up.

We spent the whole period in the bathroom, we were cracking jokes and making fun of Meredith.
That was when we heard our name being called through the speakers, I grabbed her hand and we both ran up the stairs.

Before we entered the office, we had to pretend we were really sick.
I sighed dramatically and walked over to Cora, she signed us both out.

We walked to her car and got inside, we waited until we weren't near the school to go back to normal.
That's when I told her everything, she started laughing when she heard about me kissing Jaden just to mess with Meredith.