XL. Baking Your Feelings

Chapter 40, Baking Your Feelings
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" You know what? You think this is so funny and quirky but I'll be praying for the day when you're own boyfriend does the same crap to you. "

  ~ Scarlett's POV ~

       It was a Saturday morning, peaceful and sunny.
   A good combination for a Saturday morning, I got up from bed with a good attitude and took a shower.

   I brushed my teeth and walked downstairs, my dad and Alana were sitting on the couch, asleep.
  I gagged at the sight and then smile at them, they looked adorable.

     I grabbed an apple and sat down at the table, I went on my phone until I heard my parents begin to wake up.
  Alana was the first to wake up, she walked upstairs and brushed her teeth.

   "Morning pumpkin, slept well?"

  Alana asked as my dad walked upstairs, I looked at her and nodded.
  We began to speak before I brought up Emmanuel, she squealed and grabbed my hand.

  "That's so cute, what's the dress color?"

  Alana asked me as she sat beside me and pulled my hands onto her lap, I looked at her and bit my lip.

   "Light blue, I'm about to text him the color."

  I whispered into her ear as I watched my father walked downstairs, he looked at me questionably before he walked over to us.
  He kissed my forehead and kissed Alana.

  I gagged and looked at her, Alana laughed at my reaction and nudged me before wiggling her eyebrows.
  My dad looked at us confused but nonetheless left it alone, I decided to text Emmanuel about the color.

   I looked at the calendar and felt myself tense up, I had only a week left before the homecoming.
  My dad got dressed and left the house, he had baseball practice which I wasn't going to.

   "Are you feeling okay? You look a little nervous Hun."

   Alana asked as she walked up to me, she placed her hand on my shoulder and shook my head.
   I grabbed her hand and we walked into the kitchen, I told her everything about Jaden, Meredith and Meredith's plan.

   "I just need to do something to relax my nerves, can we bake?"

   I asked her as I looked through the cabinets, I grabbed the cookie dough and grabbed all the ingredients and supplies we needed.
   Alana didn't say anything, she just agreed and began to distract me with Emmanuel stuff.

    "What does this boy look like?"

  Alana asked as we mixed the Ingredients, I looked at her and stopped mixing.
  I walked over to the table and grabbed my phone, I went onto Instagram and pulled up a photo of him.

   @ ThatkidEmmanuel Posted!

     Alana looked at me and then looked back at the photo, she smiled and gave me a thumbs up before putting my phone down and going back to baking

   I laughed at her actions but as I was about to go back to baking, I wanted to look at my Instagram notifications.

   I didn't hesitate to look at Meredith's post, I looked at a photo of her and I was possessed for a moment because I rolled my eyes and kissed my teeth.
  Alana looked at the post and decided to go back to baking, allowing me to have my moment.

   " You know what? You think this is so funny and quirky but I'll be praying for the day when you're own boyfriend does the same crap to you. "

   I seethed before putting my phone down and walking next to Alana, she looked down at me and stifled her laugh.
  With one look at her, she cracked and started to laugh.

  "God, you're a petty betty!"

  Alana told me as she gasped for breath, I looked at her and began to chuckle.
  I grabbed a handful of flour and threw it at her, she looked at me with her jaw dropped before grabbing a handful of flour and throwing it at me.

   We squealed as we began to make a mess with flour before we stopped and refocused on our cookies, once we finished we cleaned up the mess and waited for the cookie to finish.

  My phone went off, Xiomara was at baseball practice so she can watch Jaysean.
  Javon and Layla were rewatching Euphoria, I hope it isn't Jaden..

  Emmanuel <3

    Hey, I got the suit.

                                          Scarlett <3

                                            exciting!!

Emmanuel <3

  I have homework but talk later :)
  Read at 2:36 PM

    I walked to the kitchen and put the cookies in a container, I walked upstairs to my room and flopped down on my bed.
  My day was boring and it was dragging, I didn't know what I wanted to do for the remainder of my day.

   As I decided to take a nap, I laid down on my bed and decided to play some music.
  With the calming music playing in the background, I found my piece of mind and closed my eyes to go take a nap.

   But of course, nobody wants Scarlett to sleep because there was tapping on my window.
  I got up from my bed and with the annoyance, I opened the curtains and opened the window.

   "Damn it can a girl take a nap?"

  I snapped as I looked at who was at the window, I looked at Jaden who just stood there.

  "Chill, just wanted to tell you that I wanted you to come over to watch a movie."

   Jaden spoke out, I looked at him and nodded before shutting the window and closed the curtains.
  I laid back in bed and covered myself with my weighted blanket and went to sleep, happily and peacefully.