XVI. Halloween Party

Chapter 16, Halloween Party
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Are you ever so bored, you start playing with games you don't even like? "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

All these days have been passing by super fast, today was the Halloween dance and I was overexcited.
Once school finished, Xiomara and I ran over to my house so we can get ready together, it was very exciting.

"Im very excited, do you think Jaysean's gonna be there?"

Xiomara asked as she put on her girl scout skirt, I looked at her and chuckled before nodding my head.
I put on my girl scout shirt and buttoned it up before we sat down on my bed to do our nails, we wanted to paint them a different color.

"So, how do you feel now that you and Jaden are on a break?"

She asked another question, I looked at her and sighed.
I didn't know what I wanted to say, I wasn't happy because I was without him but I wasn't exactly upset I was without him either.

"Scar, you don't have to be away from him if you don't want to."

I nodded at the words and stood up, I walked over to my vanity and did my hair.
Xiomara walked over to me and rubbed my back, I looked at her and smiled softly.

"Let's go get something to eat and then we should head to the dance, remember, don't think about anything other than yourself."

Xiomara said, I nodded and grabbed my phone.
We walked downstairs and left the house, we were headed to a diner to get something to eat but I wasn't hungry at all.

Once we got there, we took a booth and sat down quietly.
Xiomara had been texting Jaysean while I was staring at old photos of Jaden and I, that's when I got a notification from Instagram.

Oh lord, what if he posts him and Meredith together?

I wondered to myself as I clicked the notification, but I was wrong.
Really, really wrong.

@ Onwardjdub Posted!

    Liked by Jaylawaltonofficial and 4

Liked by Jaylawaltonofficial and 4.7M more
Onwardjdub: Why'd you have to go and make me like you?
Tagged: ScarHead

Jaylawaltonofficial: Photo creds.
^^ Onwardjdub: nah, I'm good.

Onwardwanna: this is so ew
^^ Onwardjdub: you're so ew.

ShootfortheMars: Cringe couple things
^^ ScarHead: I know.

ScarHead: yeah, this is a feeling I'm not used to.
^^ Onwardjdub: I'm so mad at you cause now you got me missing you!

"Leave it to Jaden to play my favorite song."

I informed Xiomara as we left the diner, she looked at me and laughed.
We arrived to the school and there was a lot of people, different costumes and different smells clashing together.

"Go find Jaysean, I'm gonna go get some punch."

I told Xiomara, before she had the chance to tell me no, I was already by the punch bowl.
I grabbed a cup and poured some punch when I felt hands wrap around my waist, I sighed and turned around.

"Oh, Layla hi!"

I smiled at the presence of my best friend, I hugged her tightly as she laughed at me.
I had told her about the break so she understood my relief, we spoke a little bit before Javon took her away.

I was standing by the snack table, taking bites from a chocolate chip cookie when I watched the doors to the gym open.
Meredith and Jaden walk in, they weren't wearing matching costumes so I was pretty relaxed about it.

Jaden was about to approach me when 'Toothbrush by DNCE started playing, I was pulled to the dance floor by Xiomara, Javon, Layla and Jaysean.
This was a song we always played whenever we were on FaceTime together, we were singing along as we jumped around.

"BABY, WE DON'T HAVE TO RUSH! YOU CAN LEAVE YOUR TOOTHBRUSH AT MY PLACE, AT MY PLACE!"

We screamed in unison, laughing as we nearly fell on one another.
Xiomara, Layla and I were pointing at each other while screaming the lyrics like lunatics.

"I'm gonna grab us some water!"

I shouted over the loud music that was playing, everhone nodded as I turned my heel and walked to the drink table.
I grabbed five water bottles, as I turned around I was faced with the chest of Jaden.

"Can I get a box of girl scout cookies?"

He joked, I chuckled and smiled at him.
Even when we're on a break he managed to place a smile on my face, I hated it but love it at the same time.

"That'll be about ten dollars sir."

I went along with the joke, he grabbed the waters from my hand and placed them on the table as he got closer.

"I don't exactly have money on me."

He responded, I smiled and as he leaned down to kiss me, I swerved and grabbed the waters from the table.
Jaden looked at me with a jaw drop, I smiled at him and blew him a kiss before returning to my friends.

" Are you ever so bored, you start playing with games you don't like? "

Jaysean asked as we took a seat at an empty table in the back, we all nodded in agreement.
I made sure I sat beside Layla so that Jaysean had no other choice but to sit beside Xiomara, I want them to be together.

"Meredith looks like a witch."

Layla glared at the girl dancing around with Jaden, I laughed at the comment and took a sip from my water.

"She's gonna grow warts."

Xiomara added and then did a witch cackle, I spat out my water and started choking as I began to laugh.
Everyone began to laugh as we continued making witch jokes, this was the best moments of my life and I'll cherish them forever.

"This break better end soon, Jaden seems like he just wants nothing more than to hold you again.

Javon commented as he looked at his twin brother who was looking over at us, I nodded and continued to drink my water.
I wasn't about to give in because he missed me, don't get me wrong, I miss him too but he has to learn what he did.

You can't just be friends with an incredibly pretty ex and then expect your girlfriend to be okay with it, it's just something you don't sprung up on someone.
It's just something you don't do without discussing it first, or is that too toxic?

Am I toxic?

I thought to myself as the music drowned out the rest of my thoughts.