LXVI. Meet Me At Cherry Hill

Chapter 66, Meet Me At Cherry Hill
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" You're so funny, you got me rolling on the floor. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

The day after the wedding was the day I had to help Alana move in with us, which meant waking up early and helping her bring all of her things from her apartment to ours.
It wasn't much of a hassle considering that she was now my stepmother and she would be staying with us until I move out, which would be a while.

It wasn't until then I had saw the massive rock on her ring finger, along with the massive rock came a massive smile that stretched from ear to ear.
Alana couldn't have been more happy that she had finally married my father, she had married the love of her life and best friend.

"Do you think, it would be alright if I didn't go to college?"

I asked sheepishly as I helped Alana pack the last of her clothes into a box, she looked at me and chuckled.
Oh boy, I knew what that chuckle meant and it meant that I was about to get lectured.

I closed my eyes and braced myself for the yelling I was about to endure when Alana began to laugh even harder, she looked at me as she calmed down and placed her hands on my shoulders.

"Sweetie, it's not my life or choice to force you to go college. You do as you please and you better look damn good when you do it, besides did you think your dad went to college?"

Alana told me, I looked at her shocked when she told me he didn't attend college, instead after high school he decided to audition for a TV show called Teen Wolf.
Sounds cliché if you ask me but I wanted to watch it with her since she gushed over the plot, as we walked downstairs to my car, I stopped in my tracks.

"Thank you for loving me as if I truly was your daughter, I don't think I've felt that way in a long time."

I confessed truthfully to Alana which made her stop in her tracks, she looked at me and smiled.
I was now engulfed in a bear hug, my heart was about to explode because I didn't even feel this love since the day in court.

As we got into the car and drove home, I couldn't stop thinking about my own mother.
We haven't spoken in almost a year, she could be dead for all I know but I just couldn't bring myself to calm her.

She harmed me in ways unimaginable, I don't think she deserved a phone call home and I don't think she deserves an apology either.
I just wished things were different but I couldn't wish anymore, I didn't have any fairies to grant my wishes and I didn't have a magic lamp to rub where a genie would appear.

I parked the car and got out, I stood silent as I helped Alana with her things.
Everything was silent, but not the good silent.

Alana knew something was wrong with me but she didn't press on me, she allowed me to be angry or sad or whatever emotion I was going through.
When I finished helping her unpack, I walked to my bedroom and laid on my bed as I stared at the ceiling with my thoughts flooding my mind.

It felt like I was suffocating myself, like I deserved to suffocate because of what happened almost a year ago.
A shakey sigh slipped from my lips as I forced myself to sit up, I just stared at my reflection.

I needed a pick me up, I needed to be with someone who can fix my mood without a fail.
So I decided to get up from my bed and put my shoes on, I grabbed my phone and walked downstairs.

I went through so much in my life that was unspoken, it should stay unspoken.
But nothing stays in the past, eventually everything comes to the light and I don't know if I'm ready for that.