LIX. Meet Jesse-Rae

Chapter 59, Meet Jesse-Rae
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" You know, I don't ask why your parents named you Jaden or Javon. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

The whole month of may felt like a blur, like some fever dream that everyone has.
Xiomara and Rosa are slowly healing but can never go back to the way it was, which is very understandable.

It's the first of June, I was sitting on my couch with J gang, Jaysean, Xiomara and Rosa.
We were watching different TikTok drama before watching the tea channels explain in depth of what happened, I won't lie, it was very entertaining.

After a while, we all got bored and decided to play hide and seek.
I grabbed Jaden's hand and we ran to s closet, it was a hidden closet that barely anyone knows about unless you were Xiomara or Javon.

As we hid in the closet, there was a little light switch that we turned on.
I looked at Jaden as he accidentally hit his head and bit his lip, I had to stifle my laughter and rubbed where he hit himself.

I hadn't realized how close to his face I was until he looked up at me, he moved his hand down and wrapped his arms around my waist.
He leaned down and before he placed a kiss on my lips, Xiomara opened the door and she looked dumbfounded as I moved away from Jaden quickly.

"Found whatever the hell this was.."

Xiomara muttered as I quickly got out of the closet and walked to the living room, I didn't know what to feel right now other than feeling embarrassment and butterflies.
I sat on the couch and waited for everyone to come when I heard a knock on the door, I looked through the peephole and smiled at my parents.

"Hey mama, hi dad."

I greeted the two, I didn't really look at what they were holding or doing, I just let them in and walked back to the living room.
Alana and my dad called everyone to the living room, I watched as they ran into the room like that scene from ratatouille where they all run from the kitchen.

"Scarlett, look who I have.."

Alana said in sing song as she walked to the door and pulled in a crate with a small pug.
The pug was an all black puppy and he looked just the cutest, I squealed and got up as I sprinted over to her.

"He's a boy and we got him today, he can be apart of your squad. Like some mascot or something."

My dad told me as he unlocked the cage and handed me the puppy, the poor thing was shaking.
I walked over to my friends and we all took turns admiring and gushing over the puppy, my parents asked what would I name him.

"Well since he's out mascot for our friend group and there's a lot of J names, why not Jesse-Rae?"

I asked to which everyone loved it, the twins however looked at me like I was crazy which I was but we aren't talking about that right now because right now is about Jesse-Rae.

"Jesse-Rae?"

Jaden asked as he raised his eyebrows at me, I looked at him and nodded to which Javon started to laugh.
Now I know these two aren't laughing at me, that is really disrespectful.

" You know, I don't ask why your parents named you Jaden or Javon. "

I retorted earning a good laugh from Jayla and Xiomara, soon my parents left again to go buy the necessities for Jessie-Rae.
Jaden and I looked at each other and smiled, we were both feeling a little awkward with the closet thing.

"Ight guys, I'm gonna head home."

Jaysean spoke out as hugged us goodbye, I smiled and waved him as he walked outside.
Xiomara looked at me and smiled, I just know his touch gives her butterflies.

"I think Jesse-Rae needs to pee, he looks like he has to pee."

Jaden told me as he looked at our puppy, I looked down and sighed because he did.
We didn't have any wee-wee pads, so I decided to grab some napkins and placed it.

I layered them and then watched as Jesse-Rae run over to it, we gave the puppy privacy to pee because it's respectful.
Soon the night washed over, I wanted the remainder of my friends which were Xiomara, Javon, Rosa and Jaden to sleepover because it was already late.

Xiomara, Rosa and Javon were going to sleep in the living room because Xiomara didn't want to sleep with Rosa alone, understandable.
Jaden and I walked to my room, we were sitting on my bed, watching Heartstopper.

"I, Jaden I want us to happen again."

I whispered as my heart raced, my muscles went tensed and I just know I was about to cry.
Have you ever wanted to cry because of how embarrassed or nervous you are but you can't because you don't want people to think you're weak or something?

Same but I bit my lip and looked away from him, out of the corner of my eye, Jaden shifted closer to me and bumped his shoulder on mine.
I looked up at him and he was smiling at me, I felt a blush creep up my face.

"I want us to happen again too, can we try the closet kiss again?"

He asked as he leaned closer to me, I chuckled and nodded.

I don't think I ever had more butterflies in my stomach than I do right now, but that'll change in a few years from now.
You'll know why later.