Chapter 7 Fox

I couldn't control my sour expression as I sat at King Titan's grand dinner table. I had been in this Godforsaken realm for more than a few hours now and I was ready to get home to my mate.

"I have to ask, King Titan, why exactly do you need the support of a werewolf pack?" I figured if I was trapped here I minds well get some information out of them.

"A good leader is prepared for the potential of any threat instead of reacting to an already present danger." King Titan spoke regally. His sons, Solaris and Bayu, shared a tiered look, and I wondered what their silent conversation was about.

"Have you heard whispers of an impending threat? As one leader to another, I would consider it a great favor if you kept me informed of your predictions." I put on my best Alpha voice.

"I've been King for several centuries now, Alpha Finn, and of all that I have seen, war is the most inevitable." King Titan replied, taking a sip of wine from his overly extravagant chalice.

"I see." This man wasn't going to give me anything,

"Well, let's hope for peace." I raised the silver chalice that sat in front of me and made a toast with the King. I pretended to take a sip, not wanting to be fooled by any of the fae's potions or magic. I stood from my seat,

"On that note, I really should be going." I bowed respectfully and moved away from the table.

"Allow us to walk you out, Alpha." Solaris and Bayu quickly spoke over their father.

"Alright, thank you. It was a pleasure doing business with you, King Titan." I addressed the King.

"I'm sure I'll be seeing you soon, Alpha Finn." King Titan spoke suggestively. I sighed inwardly, wondering what I had gotten myself into. I nodded towards the princes and followed them out of the castle.

"So, what is it you've been wanting to say to me?" I said to them once we were away from the castle. Solaris and Bayu stopped abruptly and shared a look before looking at me.

"We just want to know what your intentions are with our sister." Solaris said.

"I plan to make your sister my Queen and treat her as such. I met her only today and I already worship her. I've been away from her for too long as it is, so I'd appreciate it if we could cut to the chase here." I said.

"You really do love her?" Bayu asked.

"With all of my heart." I responded without hesitating.

"We feared she would never find you." Bayu sighed.

"And we never thought you would barder for her freedom." Solaris added.

"If you care so much about your sister, why haven't you done anything?" I asked with an accusing tone.

"Our father isn't a man that you cross. Besides, our sister has made her own mistakes and crossed certain lines. We want her to be safe and happy, but we don't want her back in our realm." Solaris explained.

"What a nice family." I replied sarcastically.

"One day you'll understand. You're in the thick of it now, Alpha Finn." Bayu said ominously.

"Just, take care of her, okay?" Solaris added.

"Of course I will." I said, turning towards the portal door.

"Maybe you could tell her we said hello." Bayu muttered before I opened the door. I turned around to say something snarky, but the brothers were gone.