Chapter 37 Fox

"What?" I practically yelled into the phone.

"Finn," Marigold sighed at me,

"I need to do this."

"With your brothers? The same brothers who betrayed you for thirteen years!" I couldn't wrap my brain around what she was saying.

"I told you, they didn't know the truth. Now that they know, they want to fix us." Marigold said.

"Oh and are they going to face your father and hold him accountable?" I snapped. Marigold stayed silent.

"Right. Marigold, they don't have your back."

"You don't know them, Finn. I can't deal with my trauma until I face it and I need to face it with them. I'm not trying to hurt you, but you can't help me right now." Marigold's words did, in fact, hurt me. They destroyed me. I felt even more pain when she hung up the phone without another word.

I slammed the phone down on the conference table and growled at the empty room. I had just finished up a meeting when I sensed something was up with Marigold. Throughout the entire meeting my hands and feet were tingling like they do when she does magic. I wasn't worried until I felt her pulling farther and farther away from me.

She explained how she summoned her brothers and told them the truth, then asked them for their help with taking care of Alpha Julian. I wasn't exactly sure what that meant to my mate. I wasn't sure what she was capable of at this point. I flashbacked to when she told me she was just a girl with murderous fantasties towards her father and I thought that maybe I should have taken her more seriously.

I honestly didn't know what to expect from Marigold's brothers, but I definitely didn't trust them. I did, however, trust my mate and I promised her that I wouldn't be controlling. I couldn't just order her not to go, I couldn't just order Ferra or Stone to kidnap her and hold her captive. Even if I could justify that, I had every belief that she would win in a fight against my Beta and Gamma.

I picked up my chair and threw it across the room, shattering the glass table. The male secretary Marigold made me hire to replace the overly flirty blonde secretary, came rushing in.

"Sir?" He asked in a questioning voice.

"We're gonna need a new table." I grumbled, exiting the room.

"Boss? I don't really know what I'm supposed to do here. Mari is leaving with two dudes I've never seen before." Stone mindlinked me.

"I know. Let her go. Those are her brothers." I said.

"What's going on?" Stone asked.

"Not now." I snapped the minklink closed.

I knew I shouldn't have left her alone this morning. I should have stayed. I should have pressed her to talk to me. I was losing her, I could feel it.