Chapter 29 Fox

"Finn?" My mate's sweet voice called out to me as we walked across the pack training grounds.

"Yes, baby?" I was in complete bliss as I watched my mate dance across the grass. She wanted a tour of the outside of the packhouse and I was happy to oblige.

"How did you know to come to your room?" She asked me, tossing a look over her shoulder. I caught up to her and snatched up her hand,

"I can sense when you're using your magic." I confessed. Marigold stopped walking,

"Really?" She asked, surprised.

"Yeah, I realized it while you were gone."

"You could sense my magic even when I wasn't here?" She asked with wide eyes.

"Yeah? Is that not normal?" I had just assumed that it was normal for someone mated to a fae to be able to sense their magic.

"I don't really know. What does it feel like?" Marigold asked.

"My fingers tingle like when they fall asleep and I get really warm." I explained.

"Hm." Marigold hummed, looking off into the distance as she thought. After a minute, she seemed satisfied with the conversation and danced off again.

"Can we watch them train?" She asked with a certain giddiness to her voice.

"Sure." I laughed at my mate, leading her to the observation deck above the training circle.

She leaned over the railing as she watched my wolves train. They were in their human form, but they were still a sight to behold. I had a strict training procedure for all my wolves, even stricter for those who wanted to be on the guard or patrol detail, or, worst yet, become warriors.

"I should help them train." Marigold said suddenly.

"What?" I asked, not sure that I had heard her correctly,

"Stone, Ferra, and I have handpicked the very best to be the trainers. Stone oversees the training." I explained.

"Yes, but have they trained with magic?" She eyed me curiously.

"Well....no."

"If you want your wolves to be prepared for anything, including whatever my father has in store, they need to be trained against magic." Marigold said, looking back over the circle. I had to admit, she had a point.

"I don't want you anywhere near the training grounds." I growled protectively. Marigold rolled her eyes at me,

"None of your wolves could touch me even if they wanted to," Marigold's words sent Hunter into a frenzy at the idea of anyone, other than us, touching her,

"I wasn't given much as a princess, but I was taught how to fight. It was the one thing my mother insisted on." I stared at my mate, unsure what to say. I loved her to death and I didn't want anything to happen to her, I didn't want her anywhere near training werewolves. But, I was also an Alpha who wanted the best training for my wolves. Not to mention that the best way to keep my mate safe is to have the best trained pack that I can.

"You know I'm right." She shrugged smugly at my silence.

"I know." I grumbled, wrapping my arm around her waist.

"You said I could have any responsibilities that I want." Marigold threw my words back in my face.

"I did say that." I sighed.

"Well, this is what I want. While you're off running a pack and a business, I need something to do."

"And that something has to be putting yourself on the same field as training werewolves?" I asked.

"Yes, yes it does." She nodded.

"Great. Fine. But, you can't do it without Stone." Marigold started to protest but I silenced her,

"He's the Gamma, it's his job to protect you. It's the only way that I'm comfortable with it." She pressed her lips together stubbornly.

"Fine." She snapped. I shook my head at her and took her hand,

"You get conditions too, you know?" I said softly.

"What?"

"It's called compromising. You want to do something and I agree, with a compromise. You can do the same thing for me." I explained. I wanted Marigold to know that I wasn't the only one who could have opinions. If she didn't like something I was doing, she had the right to speak up.

"Good to know." Marigold couldn't hide the small smile that played on her lips.