Chapter 20 Marigold

Finn spent another three days in the hospital before he was ready to be discharged. I had a feeling that I was the only reason he listened to the doctor for as long as he did. By day three he was chomping at the bit to get out of there.

Finn was shameless with his body, stripping off his hospital gown right in front of me. I gasped and closed my eyes, blushing deeply at Finn's naked body. Finn chuckled at me,

"I'm offended, little mate, you don't like what you see?" I covered my face with my hands and turned away,

"I didn't see anything." I grumbled which only caused Finn to laugh harder.

"Now I'm really offended." I wanted to crawl into a hole and die.

"Relax, baby, I'm just kidding." Finn's hands wrapped around my wrists and started tugging them away from my face,

"I have pants on." He sighed. I loosened my grip on my face and allowed Finn to pull my hands away.

I blinked sheepishly, weary of Finn's appearance. He was telling the truth, he had on a pair of low hanging jeans that showed off his hips and deep V. But, he lacked a shirt. I couldn't help but stare at his perfectly toned body, my blush deepening. He had chiseled abs, a strong chest, and a defined collar bone. I didn't even know a collar bone could be so sexy.

He had dark, elegant tattoos covering his body. I wasn't sure what most of them meant, some of them looked tribal while others were pictures of things I couldn't interpret.

"Now this is much better." Finn's voice brought me back to reality. I shook my head and met his gaze. Finn was grinning with his devilishly crooked smirk and mischief in his eyes.

"I was looking at your tattoos." I answered too quickly. Finn laughed at me again,

"Like what you see?" He asked.

"What do they all mean?" I asked, trying to defuse the tension in the room.

"Oh lots of different things. We'll have plenty of time for you to admire them later." Finn picked up his shirt and tugged it over his head. I resisted the urge to pout in disapproval.

"Come on, I'll give you a tour of the packhouse. I'm guessing you haven't seen anything but the hospital?" Finn reached out his hand for mine.

"I don't even remember what the front door looks like." I said, thinking back to when I first arrived. I took Finn's hand and interlocked our fingers.

"That's what I thought." Finn pulled me out of the hospital room and down the hall.

We came to the end of a long white hallway where another set of double doors were. He pushed his way through the doors and the packhouse came to life before me.

The hospital was a white, sterile wing of the packhouse that didn't do the rest of the house justice. The walls of the rest of the house were a deep maroon and the floors a dark, wood plank. There were golden light fixtures and gothic detailing.

"The first floor is the commons. We have a moving theater, gym, spa, game room, cafeteria, gourmet kitchen, a library, classrooms, and lounge rooms where the pups like to have sleepovers. The second floor is for visiting pack members to stay, the conference room and offices are there, too. The third floor is for the Beta and Gamma, and their families. The fourth floor is for the Alpha and Luna." Finn explained.

The packhouse was set up like a fancy hotel but it had an extremely homey feel with dark, neutral colors and soft fabrics. The lounge areas were covered in blankets and cushions with kids and teenagers sprawled out playing games. Everywhere we went, we drew attention. The pack members were staring at us, or should I see, me.