Prologue

The world came to an end...but not all endings are truly lost...now when another word...another chapter could be written. People had been infected by a virus like none other...it changed them.... It changed them into bloodthirsty beasts of legends and nightmares. Humanity was forced to either kill or to be killed...by either their own hand or another. It wasn't until a couple years after the initial outbreak did a new hope emerge from the so called survivors of the disease that seemed to plague Humanity.

Someone had gotten infected...but they didn't change.... No...they became something different...something new. The hope for Humanity...the hope for a different, brighter, future than what had plagued the world. And with them...they brought about that change.

No more were the creatures of legends, of nightmares, to rule over the remaining groups of Humanity. For they had found a Sanctuary among the darkness...the blackened world which surrounded them. With this Sanctuary...brought a newfound peace unlike none other as the survivors could begin to regroup...to hope for a brighter, better, world. To rid themselves of the monsters which irritated them as much as now a wolf or bear. After so long within the darkness...they found light...and just like that...they begun to rebuild a better world for their children and grand children...and all to follow.

Or so...that's how the story went...but this isn't their story.... From that ending...a new chapter will finally begin among the descendants of those very survivors. The world now knew not of it's dark past. After nearly a hundred years since the last sighting...those monsters had drifted back into the realm of fiction and nightmares...never again to plague the living.

Without these creatures...the world moved on...slowly forgetting their existence...their history with that of Humanity. The world was slowly drifting back to where it was all those years before the outbreak...before the era known now as simply 'The Darkness'...the darkest era of Human history.

However...if you looked closely enough...you could see the history left behind...the olden buildings that still stood in rubbles or the forest which threatened to reclaim that of which Humanity still left behind.... The virus which now seemed to shape this newfound world...the era of Heartfire.

Like before...this world was slowly coming to an end...a threat in which Humanity had long since forgotten lurked within the shadows of this new world. As if in hiding...building up the strength to once more grasp the world like so many times before.

Humanity wasn't prepared the first time...would they be prepared this time...? After losing their history to the darkness...? No one may know....

Anya is just as clueless as the rest...until the monstrous beast locked eyes with her own. Her breath shaken as she stared into those bright, almost glowing, red eyes. Only one thought escaped her lips.... "Emma...?" The beast stared into her eyes, stalking closer. In a blink of her eyes...the beast swiftly disappeared as it left Anya in a state of utter confusion.