46. Into the Light

Betiko Villa

Mia stirred and opened her eyes only to find herself alone on the bed. She scanned the room and found her other half standing outside the glass doors which opened onto a balcony.

After a while, Neero heard the sliding door behind him but didn't turn his head. A cup of milk made its way to his line of sight and his eyes softened. He reached for the glass and held his wife in his other arm. He drank half of the warm liquid and offered the remaining to his caring Amelia.

The scenery before them is a vast land of trees and terrains. Within the perimeter fence, at that side of the villa, are the infinity pool and a big old tree with a lone swing.

After enjoying the serene view, Mia finished the warm milk and set it on the mini table. She then faced Neero and hung her arms on his neck.

"I will let 'that' go and wait until sunrise to discuss the matter with you."

Neero raised his eyebrow and nodded, smiling to her words. He doesn't need to withhold any information from Mia and planned to tell her about Julius' status and other affairs later that day.

"Hmm, so what now?"

Mia stared at him and pulled his head down for a sweet kiss.

"That's all?" The man questioned, caressing the woman's waist.

"Ahh yes? You deserve only that because you left me earlier." Mia slightly pouted and started to untangle herself from her husband.

Neero caught her wrist and gently hugged her. "You said, we have until sunrise..." He rubbed his hands on her small back and lightly pinched her bottom which earned a gasp from his wife.

Mia couldn't cope up with his reasoning until she was kissed fervently and was carried and  laid on the huge mattress. She blushed as Neero shed their clothes and angled on top of her. She whimpered when his hands pleased her, giving her one of the sweet releases that her husband planned on granting her that time.

"Neero..." She helplessly cried in joy before he wholly moved himself into her.

-------

"Amelia." Neero whispered while staring at his sleeping woman.

"Give me a few seconds." Mia muttered and covered her head with the quilt.

"Baby, you've been saying that for half an hour already." The man chuckled and started to massage her hips.

Mia's lips twitched and she unwillingly opened her eyes. She took hold of her pillow and smashed it on her husband's face.

"What—"

"What 'what'? You exhausted me." She groaned.

"You said you love it."

Mia raised her one eyebrow which made the man serious.

"My bad. You 'shouted' that you love it."

Mia, "..." Insolent!

Neero grinned and stood up to avoid another pillow. He didn't tease her anymore and went downstairs to welcome his mother-in-law.

"Good morning, your highness. Is my sister awake?" Lady Melinda asked after drinking her tea.

"Pleasant morning to all. Yes, she is." Neero responded and greeted Duchess Dinah and Melinda before sitting down. He took a sip of his black coffee as Aaron handed him a copy of the schedule for the day.

"Amelia." The duchess uttered which earned the attention of the people at the dining hall.

"Mother. Sister. Aaron. Good morning." Mia greeted and quickly embraced her mother. She purposely ignored the First Prince and sat down beside the two women.